Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    one less car
    not today but last week. new XT freehub body, which got rid of a "knocking" sound in the rear and 185mm G3 cleansweep rotor up front. there's a bit of difference from a 160 and they don't squeal as the shimano rotor did. either today or tomorrow new tires, maxxis ADvantage 2.1
    nothing in life is real, so if anything goes wrong, blame the dead guy

mtbr member
    Got my XT crank and Shadow RD from UPS today and will put it on the 525 tonight.
    I'm hungry

Suburban Redneck
    You guys are making my 304 jealous. I'm waiting to finish my retro SS project before I upgrade the cockpit and brake cables.
    I'm not big-boned, I'm a Clyde.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I just picked up my khs xc104...so last night I spent a while admiring/getting the bike setup the way I want it. Removed all reflectors, swapped my brake cables(front brake is now on the right), set preload on my rear shock and installed my cateye mity 8!

one less car
    Quote Originally Posted by foxbox13 View Post
    I just picked up my khs xc104...so last night I spent a while admiring/getting the bike setup the way I want it. Removed all reflectors, swapped my brake cables(front brake is now on the right), set preload on my rear shock and installed my cateye mity 8!
    that frame is worth upgrading parts on, as $$$s permit. did that with my old '06 104 before it was warranty replaced and it was the equivelant of the 604, if not better. made for a better ride too, over a mozo shock and spinner fork which a utter crap but used to keep the $$$s down, oh and the winzip disc brakes too

mtbr member
    I rode it ~23 miles yesterday at Brown County State Park, Indiana. It worked great, I bonked around mile 19 but recovered a little and made it back to the car.
    KHS
    Motobecane
    Fisher
    Kona

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    heres a pic of my bike, nothing too crazy on it yet! Still trying to figure out how it would be best to mount my speedometer sensor/magnet. I have it attached now, but I had to put some rubber pieces under the sensor to push it closer to the magnet on the spokes. Im thinking about installing it on the right side of the forks, since the spokes on that side are closer to the fork leg(because the disc brake is on the other side) but then the cable for the sensor isnt wrapped around anything. Right now the sensor wire is wrapped around front brake cable...
    jk about pic of bike, I guess I need to have 10 posts first lol

one less car
    got new break levers on her. they were pricey and prolly not worth that much, but I wanted them, and a little covert bling can't hurt

Speed Dial Ultimate

The perfessor
    Added a CF riser bar, then went for the test ride - was very nice..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your KHS today?-khs-solo-one-se-large.jpg  

What did you do to your KHS today?-handlebars-brake-levers-large.jpg  

Last edited by mr_chrome; 08-13-2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: upsize photos
    Trifecta is Perfecta: 26" FSR Geared / 29er SS Rigid / 29er Ti Hardtail Geared

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    just got my new m780 rd. and m780 shifters are on the way. will be posting pics soon.

mtbr member
    put new Stans in the tires to get ready for tomorrow's ride.
    I'm hungry

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    So I bought a 2006 solo one. I've been tuning it up and going through it to get it ready for my first ride. Adding hydraulic disc brakes too finished the back last night. I removed these tiny bar ends and put some new grips on it too. Can't wait to try it out tonight

mtbr member

Put her up for sale!

I put a craigslist ad up for my like new 2009 KHS XC Team frame and Monarch 4.2 rear shock. This thing has only a handful of rides but I just have too many stinkin toys! I hope to find a buyer at $400. Shouldn't be a problem I hope!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    finished my 3x10 setup on my alite500!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    new racrface handlebars ( atlas low raiser ) and new stem - fsa 100 mm.
    changed the bike around.
    although it's an entry level bike ( alite 150 ), with new stem and handlebars it has very classy feel.
    sorry for the bad quality photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your KHS today?-2011-10-11-19.38.32.jpg  

Last edited by r750mrk; 10-11-2011 at 12:34 PM.

mtbr member
    I broke it

mtbr member
    Took my soft tail to the LBS to get thewheels trued. I installed new pads and now the rim brakes work great again. Maybe I don't need to convert to disk brakes.
    "I don't suffer from insanity!I rather enjoy it."

mtbr member
    I finished my Reba rebuild and replaced all rear bearings with Enduro Max bearings. I'll re-tweak the suspension settings next ride.
    KHS
    Motobecane
    Fisher
    Kona

Suburban Redneck
    Upgraded the stem/bars/seat and post today. Ditched the old heavy no-name stem and Kore post with new Syncros stuff. Going to try to pick up a new set of tires over the weekend.

Edit: Picked up a set of Panaracer Smoke/Dart Classics. Figured I'd go with something tried and true. Definitely lighter than the WTB EnduroRaptors they replaced. Actually, the bike as a whole feels lighter with the new cockpit and tires. Meh. Probably in my head.
    Last edited by boxman12; 04-06-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Suburban Redneck
    Pics:

Suburban Redneck
    Now with Egg Beaters.
    And a new fork on the way.

Big Damn Hero
    I installed new cranks and converted over to a 1x9 set up with a Paul's Chain Keeper... dropped over 3lbs!! My extra large XC204 is now down to 30.5lbs!

With the addition of some new tubeless wheels in the coming months and I should be able to down to the goal of 29lbs...
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. ~ Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Converted to 1X9

Took off the front derailer and added a e13 chainguide and 32 tooth ring. Also added a Rock Shox Reverb dropper seatpost.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your KHS today?-photo-7-.jpg  

Suburban Redneck
    Just added Avid SD-7 levers, Peaty lock-on grips (stipped screws on the Ourys)..........oh, and installed an X-Fusion Enix in place of the Manitou Black. Just gotta set it up and take it for a ride. Shaved 3/4 of a pound off of the bike.
    Pics coming.

mtbr member
    I changed a flat front tire and went for a ride. Another 25 miles as trailer leader.... (ok that was this past Saturday).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your KHS today?-khs01-s.jpg  

Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast