Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    NedwannaB
    Nice ht!
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

My 2004 KHS FR2000

I bought the frame new 4 months ago and built it up and I am so glad that I did. I have a blast on this bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your KHS pics-2011-10-06-17.17.59.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    This is my Solo One with a SID and ElCamino brakes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your KHS pics-6269458845_174dbc04da_b.jpg  

"Get down or lay down"
    Just got mine stolen from me on Oct 31st. 16 days of owning it with all new 2012 Suspension. I want to throw up right now. . .

Glad I didn't add my other new mods, still, so bummed right now. I worked an arm and a leg to build this.

1. SEKTOR RL ROCKSHOX w/140mm U-Turn Front Forks. Black Fork w/Gold

2. FOX FLOAT RP23 Rear Shox Black/Gold

3. CRANK BROTHERS IODINE 3 WHITE Leather Saddle (Seat)

4. White (MEDIUM) KHS Frame with slight red/black accents & silver XC 204 model marking

5. SRAM X-7 Drive Train

6. Horst 4 Link Rear Suspension

7. Maxxis Tires Front and Rear Tires

8. Black Rims, Black Spokes.

[/B]

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by radmojo View Post
    Just got mine stolen from me on Oct 31st. 16 days of owning it with all new 2012 Suspension. I want to throw up right now. . .

Glad I didn't add my other new mods, still, so bummed right now. I worked an arm and a leg to build this.

1. SEKTOR RL ROCKSHOX w/140mm U-Turn Front Forks. Black Fork w/Gold

2. FOX FLOAT RP23 Rear Shox Black/Gold

3. CRANK BROTHERS IODINE 3 WHITE Leather Saddle (Seat)

4. White (MEDIUM) KHS Frame with slight red/black accents & silver XC 204 model marking

5. SRAM X-7 Drive Train

6. Horst 4 Link Rear Suspension

7. Maxxis Tires Front and Rear Tires

8. Black Rims, Black Spokes.

[/B]

Nice bike and man that sucks that someone would do that, if its one thing I hate in this world, its a thief!!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    New member here, I have amongst my bikes, a 604XC the SE version which is an Aussie specific one I am led to believe!

When I get past my 10 posts I can post some pics, anyway the ones I have are pretty crap I'll do some better pics at the weekend, I realised that I spend more time modding and riding than i do photo'ing hehe

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I can't post pics of my 2011 xc team because I don't have enough posts.

mtbr member
    How about a thread bump with an updated pic!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your KHS pics-khs-website.jpg  

“People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

NedwannaB
    Funny 133 posts and nobody rides a Velvet on this thread. What gives?
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

Rookie
    My rig.... Some of it... '11 XC 104 bone stock for now.
    Set of Wah Wah's should come in tomorrow.
    Ruder than you.
    Ska is not dead!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

... and if we just ...

Hi,
    I have a old KHS Montana Trail.
    I love it.

After post the pics...

__Oliver____

From Brazil.

mtbr member
    Hi all just joined up and thought I'd introduce you to my UK Spec KHS 604.
    (posted in correct place this time

Had it since last July and loving every minute I get a chance to ride it...

Made some mods to it, so upped the front rotor disk to a floating rotor 180 and rear floating rotor but left that at 160, DMR V8 flat pedals and some superstar lock on grips...

And finally a picture of the bike and me in action.. this was from last years Mud Sweat and Gears race series held locally in the UK, in the Essex and eastern region...

Live to Ride Ride to Live

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Velvet

I love my 2009 Velvet. I bought the frame last August and threw all my parts from my Iron Horse on it. It is a blast to race in Super D races.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your KHS pics-photo.jpg  

Post your KHS pics-photo-2-.jpg  

My little friends
    During this winter, I decided I was tired of my XC204's "burnt orange" color; dark brown and black just weren't cutting it anymore. I tore the whole frame down, scuffed it with a scotchbright pad, and shot it with Duplicolor anodized orange Metalcast. While I was at it, I hit the black pivot arms with a belt sander to remove the powdercoat on the sides; a quick clearcoat will keep the from corroding. I ordered new decals from KHS, rebuilt the suspension and now I'm back in business!

I decided that the upper portion of the rear swing arm looked better orange than black.

20 seconds on the beltsander sure dresses things up!

All finished. Now this is what I call orange!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by EABiker View Post
    During this winter, I decided I was tired of my XC204's "burnt orange" color; dark brown and black just weren't cutting it anymore. I tore the whole frame down, scuffed it with a scotchbright pad, and shot it with Duplicolor anodized orange Metalcast. While I was at it, I hit the black pivot arms with a belt sander to remove the powdercoat on the sides; a quick clearcoat will keep the from corroding. I ordered new decals from KHS, rebuilt the suspension and now I'm back in business!

I decided that the upper portion of the rear swing arm looked better orange than black.

20 seconds on the beltsander sure dresses things up!

All finished. Now this is what I call orange!
    It looks awesome man, did you use a base coat clear coat type of paint like what is used on cars?

My little friends
    Thanks! Actually, the pictures do no justice to the color. I used Duplicolor's Metalcast paint; it uses a silver metallic base coat, a clear candy orange coat followed by clear top coat. You can control the darkness of the color coat by the number of layers you apply. I did a bright to darker fade from front to back which doesn't show well in those pictures. All three spray cans were less than $25 altogether from the auto parts store.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Thanks! Actually, the pictures do no justice to the color. I used Duplicolor's Metalcast paint; it uses a silver metallic base coat, a clear candy orange coat followed by clear top coat. You can control the darkness of the color coat by the number of layers you apply. I did a bright to darker fade from front to back which doesn't show well in those pictures. All three spray cans were less than $25 altogether from the auto parts store.
    So just to not be misunderstood, the paint job on your frame was done using rattle cans!!! WOW.... any tips on how to lay it down so smooth?

My little friends
    Yep, just rattlecans. I layed down all layers of all 3 colors in less than an hour. I learned, just as it says on the can, that several light coats are better than one heavy one!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Yep, just rattlecans. I layed down all layers of all 3 colors in less than an hour. I learned, just as it says on the can, that several light coats are better than one heavy one!
    Alright thanks, hey one more question, did you have to scuff the paint between the silver and orange or did you just spray right over the base?

My little friends
    No, you only scuff under the initial coat on the frame, after that, just start spraying. I waited maybe 5 minutes between coats; probably took 3-5 light coats for each color to get complete, even coverage. Google Duplicolor Metalcast to see all the available colors, and how they turned out on other people's projects; pretty cool stuff!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I have KHS 525 and I want to replace the rear suspension , if anyone knows what are the bush sizes for this frame ? (its KHS 555/535/525 - all use same frame) . Pic attached .
    Pic would be attached , but for some reason its not allowed .

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    What suspension is it ?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    [QUOTE=SuperJETT;7117219]New wheels are in!
    What shock is it ?

mtbr member
    I did mine about 6 months ago. Call Fox and they have all the information. I did see it on these forums somewhere, but I didn't need it because Fox has lookup charts.
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    I did mine about 6 months ago. Call Fox and they have all the information. I did see it on these forums somewhere, but I didn't need it because Fox has lookup charts.
    I am having difficulties call FOX from my country , since we share the same frame maybe you can tell me what eyelet sizes are ? Probably I will buy suspension on ebay and I just trying to estimate what I am looking for .

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast