cfx
    mtbr member

New project - another XC-604

Just picked this frame up for $150 plus a 3 hour round trip drive and will be building it up.
    This will be the second 604 in my stable!

Sorry for the dark pic .. crappy weather outside!

2008 XL XC-604
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New project - another XC-604-imag0133.jpg  

Last edited by cfx; 03-14-2012 at 01:59 PM.
    The amount of intelligence on the planet is finite .. the population keeps growing ..

cfx
    mtbr member
    First box of goodies for the build:

Since this is a spare bike, I've gone with a X.7 kit pricepoint has pretty good deal on:

SRAM X-7 Drive Train Build Kit 2011 at Price Point

as well as a Cane Creek ZS-3 headset.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New project - another XC-604-imag0135.jpg  

The amount of intelligence on the planet is finite .. the population keeps growing ..

cfx
    mtbr member
    2nd box of goodies came in.

Truvativ Noir Race carbon low rise bar, Stylo Race Stem, carbon spacers, and Rockshox Recon TK Solo Air forks.

I picked up a set of 2010 Mavic Crossrides when Competitive Cyclist was closing them out for $89 a set and will be using those for the wheelset.

Trying to decide now what to do for brakes. I've got a set of BB7's, Speed dial 7 levers and G3 rotors I had on another bike or a set of Tektro Auriga Comp's that came off my wifes bike prior to upgrading it. Considering ordering a mid range set of Elixir's, Hygia's or Quad Dime's also ... decisions decisions!

Should turn out to be a nice budget build ..

C..

cfx
    mtbr member
    Bike is finally finished - and if things come thru, it's already sold to a buddy!

Sorry for crappy cell phone pics ..