mtbr member

moving from M XC-604 to L Flagstaff?

I am considering moving to a fs Flagstaff, but it's a L frame and I ride a M XC-604.

I have longer legs than normal for 5'10" so my seatpost is a 400mm and pretty far out of the frame and run a 110 stem. Based on the published geometry, I'm going up 1.6" in eff. top tube length, so I can go to a 70mm stem to counteract that if needed.

But...is the Flagstaff a decent frame? I haven't ridden it yet unfortunately. I have my 604 setup exactly the way I want it, just rebuilt the Reba on it and it's riding great plus have good BWW Pure wheels on it and hit ~27.5lbs.

Opinions?
    KHS
    Motobecane
    Fisher
    Kona

official eMpTyBRain
    Refer to the link below if you haven't already. One of the members has the frame you are asking about and he seems happy with it...

I'm considering it also.

http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/kh...st9013108.html

mtbr member
    I ended up passing on it. The guy selling it was kind of weird, didn't want to send pics at first, took a while to tell me it had crappy wheels on it because the original freehub was jacked up, etc. Because of that, I'd be moving from a 28lb bike to a 31-32lb one and have to spend more money to get it comparable to my current one.

And in the end, I think I've decided after this season to move to a titanium 29" ht, though that may change too. I rode yesterday and after rebuilding the Reba and replacing all rear suspension bearings my 604 is riding great.
    KHS
    Motobecane
    Fisher
    Kona

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Ya, keep it.