Thread: Khs xc104

Vitamin Bike Added

Khs xc104

Anyone own one of these? I'm just learning about the KHS brand and this looks like a pretty solid full suspension bike under 1000 bucks. Any input or experience would be appreciated.
    Keep the rubber side down

mtbr member
    I built an 09 XC104 for a friend of mine and he's pretty happy. If you have not bought one yet, I'd recommend going to Bob's Bicycle dot com and look at the selection of XC204's they have if I recall they are under $700 shipped(free shipping at the time). The 204 loses some weight with an AirShock. Either way, they are solid XC bikes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    KHS definitely offers some great value on their bikes. If you're interested, I have an '09 KHS XC604 still in the box, size small.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBCanuck View Post
    Anyone own one of these? I'm just learning about the KHS brand and this looks like a pretty solid full suspension bike under 1000 bucks. Any input or experience would be appreciated.
    Been wondering about it too, did you end up buying one?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    hey, Im not the op, but i did get an xc104 a few weeks ago...so far, very happy with it

one less car
    got a '06 104 in '08. fork/shock were crap so I replaced them with a REBA Team and RP23. made the ride so mucho bettero. eventually replaced everything the following year. it's unlikely you got a '06, but mine cracked just above the top/seat tube weld. sent pix to lbs who forwarded them to KHS and about a month later I got a call that a replacement arrived. turned out it was a '09 and black too, with painted on graphics :drool: . it's well worth upgrading a XC104
    nothing in life is real, so if anything goes wrong, blame the dead guy

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I got 2005 KHS xc 104 and loving it so much but no disc brakes which it has saddened me as well. Wonder if is my bike compatible with disc brakes? I did tried to search all over but no luck! I also wondering if can i get DT Swiss adapter or have to get whole new wheels? etc?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    ^The bike frame is compatible with disks. The wheels are not. You need new wheels.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    ^The bike frame is compatible with disks. The wheels are not. You need new wheels.
    Aw! Yeah, I see that now... any idea what wheels should i get?

thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Shimano Alivio Disc Wheelset w/ Mavic XM117 Rims with FRONT & REAR DISC BRAKE SET - 160MM ROTORS - BIKE BICYCLE + 4 SETS AVID BB5 PADS

Will they fit my khs xc 104 bike?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Anyone?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    They'll work