mtbr member
    Feb 2009

KHS XC 204 Questions.

What's up guys? Thinking about snagging an XC 204 frame, but I have a few questions about it and I'm finding it a little difficult to pull up documentation about it.

What size BB shell is it? 68 or 73?

The frame is entirely aluminum, correct?

What size fork is recommended for the XC 204?

Is the headtube 1 1/8 or 1.5?

Lastly - how do you guys like it?

Thanks much!

EDIT - Now I'm not so sure which one would be more suited for me, but I'm flirting with the idea of the 604 now too. If you guys could chime in with the above answers for both the 204 and 604, that'd be great. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Frame is all aluminum. (AL 6061)

1 1/8" Steering tube.

100mm travel.

I have 140mm on my 09 xc 204.

I don't know BB size.

I love mine: xc204 w/ Geax Sturdy 2.25s = Monster Truck

mtbr member
    The 204/604 are the same, just a difference in level of components on the full bikes. At least, AFAIK.
    KHS
    Motobecane
    Fisher
    Kona

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJETT
    The 204/604 are the same, just a difference in level of components on the full bikes. At least, AFAIK.
    You are correct.

cfx
    mtbr member
    BB Shell is 68mm ...

XC 204/604 are the same frame, different components on the full bikes as stated above ... on frames, the difference would be rear shock

Riding a Recon U-Turn Fork on my XC-604 85mm to 130mm and it handles fine at all fork lengths .. replacing with a Reba XX 120mm soon

Love the bike!

C..
    Last edited by cfx; 07-31-2010 at 01:15 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    The BB is 68mm. But the length is determined by the cranks you choose. You may already know this but just in case......

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bikingsoul
    The BB is 68mm. But the length is determined by the cranks you choose. You may already know this but just in case......
    Yeah, I know. I just have some 73mm Octalink BB's on my shelf, and was hoping to get a bike with 73mm shell so I can utilize those parts if need be. However, for the price of this frame, I can easily grab some 68mm BB's to accommodate it accordingly.

That is, if I get it. I've always ridden a hardtail, and I'm debating on how far I should go with this first full suspension frame for me. 4" or 6"... can't seem to find any deals with 6" frames, though...