mtbr member
    Sep 2010

khs solo one se 29 ?

hey

looking into the khs ss solo one se 29. rode it and liked it. But have heard many horror stories about the rear wheel frame mounts. anyone have one of these or have any advice on them.

The perfessor
    I've got a one - haven't had any problems since I got mine a year ago.........not my primary bike but it gets ridden a good bit..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails khs solo one se 29 ?-khs-solo-one-se-large.jpg  

Trifecta is Perfecta: 26" FSR Geared / 29er SS Rigid / 29er Ti Hardtail Geared

The perfessor
    just replaced the front fork with carbon fiber - rides awesome..............

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I've had a 2007 Solo One SE for two years now. Because of the stories, I opted to just not use disk brakes on the rear. I've found that the braking difference between front only disk and front and rear disk brakes is surprisingly small, so it hasn't really bothered me. (Putting disk brake on the front on the other hand was a huge improvement.) It does limit wheel selection though, but hasn't mattered as I am still running the original stock wheels.

The perfessor
    This may be the answer to a problem I noticed - I can set the rear wheel to track straight but it is tilted slightly according to the triangle where the brazes are for the rear frame brakes.........ahh, well, I'll eventually replace this frame with a better quality / lighter frame........