mtbr member
    Aug 2010

If you had your choice Fox RP23 or RPL?

Hello to all!

This is my first post as I am just getting back into biking after a ten year hiatus. I have a '05XC104 that I want to upgrade the rear shock on. Chain Reaction has both the RP23 and the RPL on sale. They're within 20 bucks of each other with the RPL being cheaper. Just wondering if there is much difference other than I believe the 23 is the "newer" of the two designs.

Thanks for your input!

cfx
    mtbr member
    This has been discussed in depth all over the place. It really comes down to riding style and what you want out of the shock.

The RPL will have 3 settings: Open, ProPedal and Lockout

The RP23 will have Open, and ProPedal with 3 settings

for some good info on the two check this thread: MOJO SL for XC - RP23 or RPL??

I ride an RP23 on my XC604 and love it.

Hope this helps ..

C..
    The amount of intelligence on the planet is finite .. the population keeps growing ..

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    thanks for the link. i searched but didn't see that particular thread. i think i'll go for the RPL with my riding style and trails.

cfx
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhale
    thanks for the link. i searched but didn't see that particular thread. i think i'll go for the RPL with my riding style and trails.
    The RPL is a nice shock and you should really notice a change in the bikes behavior using it! Remember to order the right mounting hardware! Check here: Fox Rear Shock Spacer Parts # Inside

C..
    The amount of intelligence on the planet is finite .. the population keeps growing ..

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I ordered the RPL from Cambria, should be in tomorrow the 25th. and just got off the phone with FOX for the mounting hardware. they quoted me $18 for parts and $8 for shipping. cheaper than what i thought. Can't wait to ride it with the new shock. I went to
    Brian Head this weekend and the stock shock sqeeked like crazy and nearly bounced me halfway down the mountain!

cfx
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhale
    I ordered the RPL from Cambria, should be in tomorrow the 25th. and just got off the phone with FOX for the mounting hardware. they quoted me $18 for parts and $8 for shipping. cheaper than what i thought. Can't wait to ride it with the new shock. I went to
    Brian Head this weekend and the stock shock sqeeked like crazy and nearly bounced me halfway down the mountain!

Nice! Let us know how the bike rides after the swap and don't forget to post up some pics of the Fox pr0n!

C..