mtbr member

Anyone have a kickstand on their full suspension?

I have a 09 xc-204 and i was wondering if anyone with a similar full suspension bike has a kickstand on it? if so can you please let me know what kind works. thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I certainly don't... and I doubt anybody around here does. Kickstands, in my opinion, don't belong on any bike due to safety factors. Can you imagine hitting a jump and the kickstand flying down into place as a result, and just then you try to swoop in for a hard left turn?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roasted
    I certainly don't... and I doubt anybody around here does. Kickstands, in my opinion, don't belong on any bike due to safety factors. Can you imagine hitting a jump and the kickstand flying down into place as a result, and just then you try to swoop in for a hard left turn?
    I don't think i'll be hitting any jumps while I'm commuting, It should take all of 1 minute to remove when going into trails.

At Work
    nope
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku
    (Resurection in Progress)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike
    I don't think i'll be hitting any jumps while I'm commuting, It should take all of 1 minute to remove when going into trails.
    Any decent kickstand is gonna be a PITA to remove on a regular basis, and will probably scratch up your bike in the process.

mtbr member
    Where do you expect it to attach?
    KHS
    Motobecane
    Fisher
    Kona

mtbr member
    May 2010
    You sir, have the distinction of asking the silliest question I have ever heard.....

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    gravity and the ground is my kickstand, it works 100% of the time

My little friends

This one is made by Greenfield, and sold on amazon. Not on a FS, but it looks as if it would work.

At Work
    Just because you can does not mean you should.

Bad idea unless you never plan to ride trails.
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku
    (Resurection in Progress)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikingsoul
    You sir, have the distinction of asking the silliest question I have ever heard.....
    I know a kickstand on a bicycle how asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfare
    gravity and the ground! It works 100% of the time
    Your mother must have had the same theory to get you to stop crying when you were a baby

Quote Originally Posted by EABiker

This one is made by Greenfield, and sold on amazon. Not on a FS, but it looks as if it would work.
    I know someone who put that one on their FS with a little modification but the problem with the KHS is the square rear tube.

I'll just get a click stand and be done with it

Suburban Redneck
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike
    Your mother must have had the same theory to get you to stop crying when you were a baby
    Hmm.....I certainly don't see where Warfare's reply was worthy of a personal attack. Were some other answers rude? Quite possibly. Maybe you missed the smiley face at the end of his post that denoted a good-natured reply?

Otherwise, if you REALLY want to put a kickstand on your bike, it's your choice. It seems the Greenfield may be your best option, though as you mentioned will need some modification. As will adding nearly anything to, well, anything that it wasn't intended for.

Actually.......after looking at a few 204/604s, I wouldn't recommend the Greenfield as it could effectively lock up (not lock out) the non-drive-side suspension. Which could be somewhat dangerous to the bike and rider.
    Last edited by boxman12; 08-23-2010 at 12:09 AM.
    I'm not big-boned, I'm a Clyde.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman12
    Hmm.....I certainly don't see where Warfare's reply was worthy of a personal attack. Were some other answers rude? Quite possibly. Maybe you missed the smiley face at the end of his post that denoted a good-natured reply?

Otherwise, if you REALLY want to put a kickstand on your bike, it's your choice. It seems the Greenfield may be your best option, though as you mentioned will need some modification. As will adding nearly anything to, well, anything that it wasn't intended for.

Actually.......after looking at a few 204/604s, I wouldn't recommend the Greenfield as it could effectively lock up (not lock out) the non-drive-side suspension. Which could be somewhat dangerous to the bike and rider.
    I was just be a wise a**, I just didn't put a smiley face at the end. Not a personal attack

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    It's okay, I was always able to drop myself on the ground without my mother's help anyway. This is also the second such thread I've seen and I think the first one was less than serious, so I didn't realise that you were.

Seriously though, I think a bike has enough things on it that can hurt when you fall on them without adding another pointy bit.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike View Post
    I have a 09 xc-204 and i was wondering if anyone with a similar full suspension bike has a kickstand on it? if so can you please let me know what kind works. thanks
    This question gets asked once in a while and it's a good question. I use my mountain bike for city touring and commuting. It amazes me the immaturity of people responding with their own negative personal view points offering no benefit at all to help answer the question. Like some how real men don't use kickstands or something. How foolish.

There are all kinds of applications for different accessories depending on one's needs. Just help the member answer his questions and keep snide childish remarks to yourself. Enjoy your style of riding and let others enjoy theirs. Why do people have to continually view themselves as superior to others and that their way of living is the only right way? Grow up.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'm looking in to this one. Gonna check with my local dealer see if he can order one up.

Made by Kross from Poland
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone have a kickstand on their full suspension?-tcpk000160.png