Baby Bear is in the house

650B FS reviews?

I can't seem to find any reviews of the KHS 650B FS bikes (either the 2012 656xc or the 2013 models). 'hoping someone here who has one but hasn't posted yet can share their experience(s).

'appreciate it.
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Viva la Vida!

Khs 6500

I just got a 6500 a couple of weeks ago and so far I am digging it even tho I only had 3 rides and the first two I spent most of the time adjusting my fitting and getting the suspension dialed in the third ride was pure joy so much that I just put my full suspension carbon XC racing rig up for sale and I am definitely sold on the whole 650b.
    I might look in to another bike with more travel and a slacker angle at a later time but for now this bike makes me smile.
    I might expand on the review later on as I get more time in the saddle for now I can tell you that this bike makes me want to go ride more chunky techie trails for sure.
    And the price/value ratio is not bad at all either.

650B FS reviews?-img_8888.jpg650B FS reviews?-img_8887.jpg650B FS reviews?-img_8886.jpg
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

Baby Bear is in the house
    Awesome. Thanks for that
    I await your review
    Last edited by r1Gel; 09-17-2013 at 01:04 AM.
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Resident Redneck

650B FS reviews?

Just bought the Team 650B (2013). Will be picking it up on Wednesday and hope to be on the trails by Thursday morning.

mtbr member
    So.........let's hear the reviews? Looking at getting one soon and want to hear some good news.

Viva la Vida!
    Well.. I blew up the rear hub and got a new wheel as a replacement under warranty.
    The rear brake cable routing is a little awkward on the frame so the brake line for the rear brake broke.(will use a different routing) I also got them replaced under warranty and since they were AVID 5 I just went ahead and sold them as new to buy Shimano instead, then Interbike was around the corner so it was stupid to spend any money on bike parts right before IB then after IB I ordered new brakes from Chain Reaction and it took almost 2 weeks for the brakes to arrive so I will be putting the bike all together again to ride it this weekend.
    As you can see I can't really say much more than what I did on my initial review other than KHS warranty is great and after demoing a bunch of other 27.5 bikes I just wish that the headset angle was steeper.
    I will come back and write a review in a couple of weeks after I have more miles of rocky, chunky, steep trails on it.
    Stay put.
    I am also considering swapping the fork for a 150 to make the headset angle .5 degrees steeper but I am a little concern about the BB height afterwards.
    Like I said first and foremost I need more miles on it.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by toycrawler View Post
    So.........let's hear the reviews? Looking at getting one soon and want to hear some good news.
    Same here..I am looking at the KHS Sixfifty 3500. Not much reviews out there..