Thread: 2010 Khs Xc604

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

2010 Khs Xc604

I just ordered a 2010 KHS XC604 in XL. Did I make the right choice? Is there anything that I will need to replace right away? I've read all I could find on the bike, just wanted to introduce myself and get some feedback. Thanks!

Rob

one less car
    nice bike, you're gonna luv it. nothing really to replace, except when it gerts broke. I've got the '09 frame, which was a warranty replacement from a '06 XC104 no questions asked, but don't let that scare you. it's all good. you'll likely find it quicker than what you've been riding, I know I did.
    nothing in life is real, so if anything goes wrong, blame the dead guy

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by B@dKarma
    nice bike, you're gonna luv it. nothing really to replace, except when it gerts broke. I've got the '09 frame, which was a warranty replacement from a '06 XC104 no questions asked, but don't let that scare you. it's all good. you'll likely find it quicker than what you've been riding, I know I did.
    Great news!
    Thanks for the reply. I'm coming off of a 1997 Giant ATX990 that I have had since new. Not sure why I bought a medium way back then since I'm 6'3" but I did. Its been a great bike for me (solid with no issues) but lately it feels small and cramped. I can't wait to pick up my XL XC640!

Rob

mtbr member
    Great bike, I love mine. I actually saw another rider on the same frame about 2 weeks ago locally.
    KHS
    Motobecane
    Fisher
    Kona

one less car
    so, wondering how the 604's doing, if ya got it yet

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I am picking it up tomorrow after work. I can't wait, I feel like a little kid at christmas lol. I will post pix after I pick it up.

Rob

cfx
    mtbr member
    Love my 604. Hope you find yours equally enjoyable!

C..
    The amount of intelligence on the planet is finite .. the population keeps growing ..

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I have not even ridden in yet but here it is. Very impressed.

2010 Khs Xc604-img-20101119-00035-copy.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I took it out to King Mountain Centre (north of Toronto) for my first ride. I went with a friend on his '10 Giant Anthem X4. At first I was worried that the bike would prove to be too large for me but once I got rolling I loved the size. The only complaint that I have with the bike is that I'm not fond of the tires. I had them pumped up to around 50psi (my weight 235 ish) and I found that they dragged a lot in the frozen hard pack. I switched back and forth with my friends Anthem and found the rolling resistance much lower on his Michelin WildRace'R. I think the Kenda's will be fine for winter (snow etc) but I will be looking for something that I don't have to work as hard with for the spring. Other then the tires, I think that I found a great deal and made a very smart purchase. I am very pleased.
    Last edited by aurorarob; 11-22-2010 at 12:09 PM.

one less car
    nice bike. knew you'ld love it. if that's an '10, I wonder why the '09 had the top tube at a greater downward angle st the seat tube, and a slightly slacker HA. mine looks more like a freeride/trail bike than it does a XC
    you can see how the geomettry is a bit different

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by B@dKarma
    ....... I wonder why the '09 had the top tube at a greater downward angle st the seat tube, and a slightly slacker HA. mine looks more like a freeride/trail bike than it does a XC
    you can see how the geomettry is a bit different
    His frame is larger that yours. On my wife's XS, the triangle part is very small. Your HA is slack because it looks like your Reba is more than 100mm and his fork is viewed not from the side but the front.