mtbr member

2008 Alite 3000 Q

Is this frame an overall qaulity frame ? Ive heard that there are frame cracking issues on some KHS frames.

I wont be beating this frame to death on rock gardins , just high flow single type dirt trails And paved rides.
    "The pity train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up and Get Over It."

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I've owned a few different brands of bikes and last year I bought a 08 KHS Alite 2000, it's as well built as anything I've had. I'm not the easiest on my bikes and have no doubt this frame will hold up fine for years to come, the 3000 is even nicer so I wouldn't hesitate to hang some nice parts on it.

Good luck with your build

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiCain
    I've owned a few different brands of bikes and last year I bought a 08 KHS Alite 2000, it's as well built as anything I've had. I'm not the easiest on my bikes and have no doubt this frame will hold up fine for years to come, the 3000 is even nicer so I wouldn't hesitate to hang some nice parts on it.

Good luck with your build
    Indeed thank you
    I plan on taking my time and throwing nice parts at it. Its going to legit xc racer if I do it right , but yet give it some burly work . But my 2 yr 04 s-works enduro build is for the heavy heavy riding .

Man where does it all end lol , I build one bike , now I have the itch for another .. It like a drug in a healthy way
    "The pity train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up and Get Over It."

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    This is a pic of my Alite 2000, I Craig's listed the factory wheels, fork and brakes, have about 800.00 in it, really enjoy it. My other bike is a fsr xc expert, the KHS now has it's fork after I upgraded my Specialized, you are right about the bike addiction.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2008 Alite 3000 Q-khs-alite-2000-009.jpg  

mtbr member
    Awesome looking ride cain , I do have to ask though about getting a light pair of wheel sets w/o spending $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ bucks .
    Any advice .

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Check out Bicycle Wheel Warehouse online, they build great wheelsets for any budget and all the weights are posted. I've ordered two sets and my buddy has also, top notch builds.

mtbr member
    Check out Bicycle Wheel Warehouse online, they build great wheelsets for any budget and all the weights are posted. I've ordered two sets and my buddy has also, top notch builds.
    Ive seen that site before and will most likly buy from them.
    I just ordered the frame, so let the new build begin..

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Post some pics when ya start getting her together, I know I really enjoy building bikes and see how the upgrades effect performance. I'm always joking with my wife and tell her when we hit the lottery I'm opening a bike shop.

Have fun with it, you're making me want to build another.

mtbr member
    Just got the frame in the mail today, feather light and very impressed ,
    Now about the intergrated style head sets confuse me what do I need for aftermarket ...45/45 ? And typical 1 1/8th steer tube.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Looks Sweet in white, what fork are ya thinking about?

mtbr member
    Looks Sweet in white, what fork are ya thinking about?
    Taking a 2007 manitou R-Seven 120mm off my ole gt to put on it

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Blue sky cycling has Mavic crossride wheelsets on sale for $160.

mtbr member
    Blue sky cycling has Mavic crossride wheelsets on sale for $160.
    Thats a steal ! I wont be able to cash in on that in time though.
    BWW is the route I will most likley do .