Thread: 09 Xct 535

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

09 Xct 535

My local shop has a new 2009 XCT 535 for 1050. I am seriously thinking about buying it for my first MTB. Anyone that has one what's your opinion on them?

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks!!
    2014 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    iDream Images

mtbr member
    Great bikes. Bikes have good balance, and a really good suspension system setup in the back. No pedal bob, soft when you need it, and no chain suck.

My climbing has improved with this bike. Downhill is when it really smiles. Great underrated bike. I've ridden a few different dual suspension bikes and it is my favorite hands down.
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    This bike is def underrated. I have a 2008 KHS535 xtc that i upgraded the fork from a 120mm stock to a RS Tora Air 140mm. It climbs decent enough for a 30lbs+ bike, but the Downhill is when the full potential of this bike really shines!! Most of my friends are riding boutique bikes that are 3 times the price of my rig. I got the frame on sale online for $299 and jst swapped my extra parts and wheelset for this build. The only other "big" purchase was the OEM RS TORA for $179. So the total build was about $500. Like most experienced bikers here in mtbr , its not the bike but the rider.

mtbr member
    Mine weighs about 29lbs. Also, I built it up with a Fox RL up front and a Fox RP3 in back
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hi. Will this fit on this frame?

FSA AFTERBURNER BB30 170mm 22/32/44t Triple Mtb Crankset Mountain Bike Alloy NEW
    FSA AFTERBURNER BB30 CRANKSET

BB* INCLUDED

ALLOY MOUNTAIN BIKE - TRIPLE

DESCRIPTION:*

use: mountain
    material, crankarms: AL6061/T6 hollow forged alloy
    material, chainrings: AL7075 100% CNC
    material, chainring bolts: AL7075 TORX T-30 alloy
    arm length: 170mm
    BCD: 104/64mm
    teeth combination: 44/32/22t
    spindle interface: BB30
    speed:*9
    color: grey
    weight: 857g w/o bb
    condition: new in package
    Ps. I m still waiting for the crankset to arrive.
    Thank you so much.