mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Zed Team head set 2002-2003

What type or size does the Zed Team frame take ,I had a shop sale me a intergraded head set for a Giant TCR and tell me they are all the same.The top bearing does not fit down far enough into the frame.Do they take two different sizes ?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    The Zed Team in 02-03 used a Zero Stack headset which, if you're unfamiliar with it, is essentially an intergrated headset but with removable cups instead of the cups being built into the frame.
    Ex-employee of

Iron Horse www.ironhorsebikes.com
    K2 Bikes www.k2bike.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Actually, it is an integrated (IS) headset, not zero stack. On some frames that I've had the bearing does'nt fit completely down into the head tube, a little bit of it does stick out, even when the top cap/cover is on.

If you think its sticking out too much you may want to check & see if your head tube has been damaged (dented or ovalized). If it is damaged it can repaired by using the Park head tube cutter, facing tool. Just call your local shop & see if they have it. http://www.parktool.com/products/det...1&item=756%2DS

I've done this to many bikes over the years (old K2 warranty guy) & its pretty easy. Good luck!

DP