mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Should I get a medium or large Lithium 3.0?

Looking to get an 07 Lithium 3.0 from Randal Scott for the bang for the buck factor. I'm 5'10 without shoes and have short legs with a 30' inseam. I have a long torso with normal length arms and currently wiegh 235, but I'm trying to get down to 180.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Well it really comes down to which one you feel more comfortable on. I understand your problem though. I'm also 5'10" and was torn with the decision. I went with the large because I felt better on it. I don't have regrets either.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Do you have short legs like me? I have a stocky muscular build, wear a size 10 shoe. I can see how a lanky long peron who'se 5'10 would prefer a Large, but since I'm not long I'm leaning towards the Medium. Is there any difference in strength between a M and L? Also, I notice when I drive a car and switch with some one close to my size I always move the seat forward to reach the steering wheel and pedals better with my short legs. I don't know if that translates to bikes, it may just be my driving style. I should just drive to Austin and try one out at REI.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I won't say that I have short legs, but I don't have long legs either.

There is really no difference between the strength of the two bikes. They are the same bike just different sizes, so all the components should be the same.

I just test rode both of them and felt more comfortable on the large. That was just my preference. I suggest you give them a test ride and see for youself how you feel.

Expert Crasher
    go large, the OEM seat post is 350mm so you'll have plenty inside the seat tube to adjust as necessary.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'm 6' with 34.5" bike inseam, and I ride a large Apache. It fits me fine, but I've got short arms.

mtbr member
    I also went with large, standover is tight, but, it is nice to have the longer toptube.