mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Razorback 4.0 value?

I have an 01 Razorback 4.0, and have someone very interested in buying it from me.
    When I purchased the bike new, I had spent around $2,800.00.
    It has Hayes Hydraulic Disk Brakes, Noleen Mega Air Front and rear with remote lockout, Shimano Deore. Titec Post, Avenir Riser Bars, WTB Headset and Seat.
    Although this thing is an 01, the bike NEVER saw the woods until this year! Everything on this bike works perfectly and it is quite light (25 lbs.) for an 01 and at the time was probably one of the best XC bikes available.
    It has a few scratches on it, but is really in nice shape otherwise, and I will try to get a shot of it posted later on this week. I am toying around with the possibility of getting a new bike, so I was curious if anyone could tell me what I should ask for it. Here is a stock photo of it just in case I decide to go that route.
    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Got a suspension fork
    I still ride my 1999 K2 Razorback RS and am very happy with it, all components have been swapped out except for cranks.

Here's an '05 K2 Razorback for $1300
    http://tinyurl.com/lfkbk2

Here's an '04 K2 Razorback for $1200
    http://tinyurl.com/l82eyb

Maybe $700?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I have decided to keep it until I snap it (or myself) in half on the trail. A new bike with comparable weight and components is out of my price range at the moment so I am going to keep my K2 alive as long as I can.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I sold a 2002 K2 team for $800 on ebay recently. That was an awesome bike. He got a good price.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugi
    ... and it is quite light (25 lbs.)
    25 lbs for an '01 4.0? Did you actually weigh it? With both wheels attached?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Bike was weighed the day I bought it and the weight was between 25 and 26 lbs(that was 7 years ago). It was weighed on a scale at a printing company used to weigh printed material for shipping costs, so it is assumed that it was pretty accurate. Is there a chance that it was off slightly? Yes. I will say though that with the super light Mythos XC tires and lighter wheelset(not mentioned originally), and the lighter seat post and bars, it is definitely close to that weight. I just purchased a Cannondale Rush on Friday, so this bike is now going on the block, even though it is in excellent shape and has many years left.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Just sold it today for $600.00. I will certainly miss it, but have to move on...I did swap out the Stem and tires first though.

Got a suspension fork
    I sold my '99 a few weeks ago for $400 even.