mtbr member

Pulled the trigger on the Lithium 5.75

After literally months of trying to decide which bike to get I finally order a lithium 5.75 from randall scott. (I also ordered a fox flux helmet and some new gloves along with it)

I will be sure to post some picks since there are none on the site.

I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions for you guys. MTB has changed a lot since my 96' GT avalanche.

Thanks for everyone's input on this forum

Expert Crasher
    Congrats! Looking forward to the pics.

I hear good things about the Flux helmet. I am a Giro fan myself and the Xen is awesome but the Flux is one I'll consider next time a new helmet is on the shopping list.

I'm also liking the Fox Incline gloves - more durable than the last pair of Shimano XTR gloves I had.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

Riding or Fishing
    Nice!
    I'm sure you will love that Flux helmet...I know I do!
    Here's a pic of me from this past weekend in Gatineau Quebec...good times!

Yeah I know I'm a slob, but at least I'm out there riding!

Expert Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by musky
    but at least I'm out there riding a K2!
    I fixed your statement

Keep it up. Ever get your bottom bracket noise issue figured out?
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

Riding or Fishing
    Sorry to get the thread off topic.
    Yes I did get the noise figured out. I guess it just took a little time for the lube to get around all the threads of the BB. I had a non riding injury just after the repair, so the bike sat idle for a week or so. When I got back on, everything was smooth!
    We rode a hard 25kms this past Saturday with no issues what so ever, aside from a now slightly warped rear rim...but that just means that I had fun, right?

mtbr member
    All new rims will warp. Go to the side that is warped and pull the wheel out of warp using two spokes per side at a time Start with 1/4 turn.. Also note you will most likely have to tighten all spokes about 1/3 a turn. Take your time. All wheels need this after the first 100 miles.

Expert Crasher
    Musky - you weren't off topic, I just added the obligatory "riding a K2"!

I used Doug's method to fix my rear wheel as well. It worked so well that I actually went to the LBS last weekend and bought a real nice Park spoke wrench b/c I plan to do it on all the family bikes.

mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well No 5.75 for me

Sorry to disappoint those looking forward to pics and a review of the 5.75. I placed the order and paid via paypal last week and thought all was well but the next day I received a call saying the coupon couldn't be accepted and I would have to pay $200 more. I thought about paying the extra, but I was a bit miffed that the system would accept my coupon and then they tell me afterwards that I need to pay more. Anyways, I decided against buying the bike and ended up buying an Ibex Atlas Expert instead. Thanks for everyone's input about k2. Sorry I can't be joining you in ownership.

Expert Crasher
    bummer.