mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Looking for K2 Chubby LT elastomer springs

I have a 1999 K2 flyin monkey.

I am a heavy rider 6' 245lbs and I need some elastomer/MCU springs for the fork. Does anyone know where I can order some of these? The K2 site says for a rider over 230 to use 6 tan and two pink, but I can't even find anyone that sells these. I have gone to two bike shops and an REI and so far it's been no good. I have just been riding on the springs that it came with, and I don't think that I have hit bottom, but I am always worried about it. Anyone know where I can order some of these?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    i may be able to help , what size are they ?

pm me dimensions

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    RST made those forks, RST elastomers are what you need (still hard to find these days but still). Look for ones listed for the RST Hi-5 forks (or RST forks to take apart for spares).
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    OR...

I'm 99% sure boxxer springs will fit. You might have to cut them down a bit unless you find older boxxer springs. When I had my 98 Beast, I got the MountainSpeed springs. Much better feel than those elastomers.

BTW, I like the frame you have... I'm sure you know you can get rid of that Noleen shock, slap in a cheap Fox shock with bigger stroke but same eye to eye and have more rear travel
    -2000 Giant DH Team
    -2003 Balfa BB7
    -2004 Nicolai Nuclean ST
    *DH riding hiatus*
    -2011 Intense M9

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Except the chubby's are elastomer/spring forks, simply putting boxxer springs in turns them into more of a pogo stick, because there's no oil-damping in the forks (which is something the elastomers did inherently, which is why so many forks ran elastomers for years).
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    Except the chubby's are elastomer/spring forks, simply putting boxxer springs in turns them into more of a pogo stick, because there's no oil-damping in the forks (which is something the elastomers did inherently, which is why so many forks ran elastomers for years).
    That's true although the fork does have some damping. It's not much but it's there. It's always worth a shot, and you won't have to look far for the springs. I remember the fork feeling good with the MountainSpeed springs in it... and they were just springs with grease on them.
    -2000 Giant DH Team
    -2003 Balfa BB7
    -2004 Nicolai Nuclean ST
    *DH riding hiatus*
    -2011 Intense M9