mtbr member

New question here. K2 Lithium 5.75?

As some of you know I was planning on buying a Lithium 3.0 (still might), but last night I was browsing randall scott and came across the lithium 5.75. (have no idea why I didn't see it before)

http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/it.A/id....=7&category=55

I can't find any reviews on the bike, so I was wondering if anyone out there has this bike or any opinions on it. I'm looking for more of an all mountain bike, so this might be the bike for me.

mtbr member
    I heard about this 5.75 last year. I am interested in this bike as well. I am sure its performance will be on par with the Lithium 5" inch travel bike. Looks like a good buy.

Expert Crasher
    I've seen one at a LBS in Glenwood Springs, CO. It's pretty stout and would make a good aggressive XC/light AM ride. I don't know what the weight was but it had the Shimano stuff on it - as opposed to the 4.0 which was SRAM components. They did some reworking of the geo and components to get the 5.75" of travel - it wasn't a simple linkage change (I already tried to get some linkages to up-travel my 4.0 and TK filled me in on whay that wouldn't work).

That being said - why not split the difference and get a 4.0? Snazzy color, great components for the $ and great bang for the buck performance.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLightGo
    I've seen one at a LBS in Glenwood Springs, CO. It's pretty stout and would make a good aggressive XC/light AM ride. I don't know what the weight was but it had the Shimano stuff on it - as opposed to the 4.0 which was SRAM components. They did some reworking of the geo and components to get the 5.75" of travel - it wasn't a simple linkage change (I already tried to get some linkages to up-travel my 4.0 and TK filled me in on whay that wouldn't work).

That being said - why not split the difference and get a 4.0? Snazzy color, great components for the $ and great bang for the buck performance.
    I would love to buy the 4.0, but they don't have any XL's left @ rei-outlet or Randall Scott. (I'm 6'4" 220). So unless anyone knows where I could get one for around $1K, I think the 5.75 and the 3.0 are my choices

Expert Crasher
    What's your reach? I'm 6'3" 215, I ride a Large. My inseam is 34", standard sizing all around.

The top tube on a L 4.0 is 24", I run a 110mm stem.

However, if they have a XL 5.75 - and you can swing the $ - it'll definitely hold up to your weight!
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    What's your reach? I'm 6'3" 215, I ride a Large. My inseam is 34", standard sizing all around.

The top tube on a L 4.0 is 24", I run a 110mm stem.

However, if they have a XL 5.75 - and you can swing the $ - it'll definitely hold up to your weight!
    No 4.0 L left at RCycle and at REI they are $1300. With a coupon I could get the 5.75 shipped with a probuild for $1020, so I'm leaning that way.

Expert Crasher
    Cool. RandallScott must have cleaned out with the low prices they had.

I'd be glad to see a 5.75 on here - I don't know if we've got anyone who's a regular poster that has one.

Pics are mandatory!

mtbr member
    I'd recommend the 4.0 or 5.75 based on your weight. The 3.0's suspension components aren't really sophisticated enough to handle the higher loads of a bigger rider. The higher you pump those shocks the less effective rebound damping you get. Eventually you'd just be riding a pogo-stick. My wife has a 3.0, but she's light enough to make it work. I'm heavier than you are and the 4.0 seems like it should work (will know more when I get my fork back from Sram -it wouldn't hold air out of the box).

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I was just looking at the 5.75 as well (sorry to dig up the thread) and am pretty close to purchasing as my first quality mountain bike (have had others, just not this expensive). I am looking for a light to medium AM ride.

Did you get the bike? If you did, do you like it?

Expert Crasher
    I don't think he got it. The 5.75 is a good bike if you can find one. I saw one on the rack at the LBS in Glenwood Springs, CO this June. Randall Scott may have one too.

The 4.0 is a good option as well. Don't take this the wrong way but most of us (myself included) who thought we'd like to do AM stuff, really only do 'trail' riding. I've since learned a lot more about the deliniation and consider the 4.0 a great trail bike but not burly enough for true AM. That being said - it can handle an occasional foray into that arena but it's not a 'sole' AM type ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    So has anyone riden one yet? I have a buddy that is looking to get one and wanted to know if it can climb and what the weight is?

Expert Crasher
    It'll climb pretty well but I don't see any sort of platform listed for the Roco R so it'll have some pedal bob if your buddy is a masher. It's similiar to the multiple faux bar/4 bar designs out there so no mysterious technology going on, also, virtually identical (minus some linkage placement to increase travel from the 4.0's 5" setting) rear end to the 4.0 which climbs well.

I didn't see a weight listed but I'd venture a guess that it's around the 32-33 lb range.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    It'll climb pretty well but I don't see any sort of platform listed for the Roco R so it'll have some pedal bob if your buddy is a masher. It's similiar to the multiple faux bar/4 bar designs out there so no mysterious technology going on, also, virtually identical (minus some linkage placement to increase travel from the 4.0's 5" setting) rear end to the 4.0 which climbs well.

I didn't see a weight listed but I'd venture a guess that it's around the 32-33 lb range.
    Thanks, I just responded to your other post on the $1000 bike thread. I was not trying to bash K2 just have not heard a lot about their rear suspension set ups. I did see the thread dedicated to pretty much your bike, looks nice, I will tell him to give it a shot.

My brother in law just purchased the 5.75 but has not been on the trails with it and he is a beginning rider so not sure if he will be able to give a good report on it or not. I guess he can tell me if he can ride it or not at least.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProFlatlander15
    I was just looking at the 5.75 as well (sorry to dig up the thread) and am pretty close to purchasing as my first quality mountain bike (have had others, just not this expensive). I am looking for a light to medium AM ride.

Did you get the bike? If you did, do you like it?
    I ended up getting an Ibex Atlas, which I like a lot, instead of the k2. I had already paid for the 5.75 but RS wouldn't honor my coupon which their system accepted. It put my total at $1300ish and component for component the Atlas was spec'd a little nicer so I went that route. I'm sure the 5.75 would be a great bike, I've read a lot of good stuff about k2 so I don't see why this bike would be any different. I would be riding one right now if RS would have honored their coupon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    i have a 5.75..it is a VERY nice bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nickg
    i have a 5.75..it is a VERY nice bike.
    pic?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    i will take some..sorry for the delay, been busy. i have not really even had time to ride it. still need to have the derailers adjusted ..out of the box, they are way off