Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

K2 Factory 5.0 = BROKE

Hey, So with all this news of WWCS/IH/K2/etc... going under (I think they are now) am I SCREWED on my bike that i bought not even a year ago? My frame is cracked (see pics) and I'm really pissed and i'm even more pissed that there's the possibility my 5 year warranty just became a 0 year warranty.

Any help or thoughts on how to fix this would be great, I have sent an email to all the contacts I can find related WWCS but no one answers their phone (for obvious reasons I imagine). Take a look at the pics and let me know what you think, it's completely unusable.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Looks like you bought from a LBS. Did you try to have them contact someone? There is also a guy that posts on here that was or is someway connected to the company and has always been helpful. Sucks though but the company still seems to be a viable company so you should get a replacement.

mtbr member
    May 2009

I'm glat I read this post...

I was considering a K2 Factory 6.0. I couldn't find too many reviews...but I found this and it certainly doesn't sound promising!

Is it confirmed that K2/WWCS is going under?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    WWCS has gone under, everything they had is now under ECCS (East Coast Cycle Supply). And I'm getting screwed. They want to charge me for an entire frame because they just assume the company name, none of their product or anything. They are also having frames sent over from china or some **** factory but they're buying them and have to charge me. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed as since they assumed the K2 brand and they should assume anything with the K2 name on it, iron horse built or not, ESPECIALLY something purchased not even a year ago that at the time had a 5 year warranty. I would have understood if the company K2 itself, as a bike company, just disappeared/went under, BUT NO.

Here's the other problem, say I do pay the money for a new frame, how do I know that one isn't going to be defective? I'm pretty bummed now because I think I need to sell it and buy a bike from a real bike company... maybe what I should have done in the first place, or just buy a new frame all together and put components on that.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    The K2 bike name still exists, just not the IBS bikes and support...good luck with the warranty process.

I would not buy a Factory 6.0 unless it was practically free (they did have a nice parts spec-never saw one though-we sold k2 at our shop for a long time too)-they didn't make very many (went belly up before mass distribution) and sold even fewer.

If you want a similar bike, but executed flawlessly check out the Sinister Gruitr-same heavily CNC-ed link plate at the rear triangle/ shock mount area (which, was, a great idea for K2). Won't crack though...company is still in business too.

Basically just about everyone and their brother makes a good 5 inch trail bike (single pivot and otherwise)-I don't know why anyone would bother with the late K2!

Good luck!
    Last edited by SuperbMan; 05-12-2009 at 04:44 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    How much are they charging you for a new frame? I would look elsewhere and transfer the parts over.

mtbr member
    Shame On East Coast Cycle Supply!!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Scott Company

Oh please! Shame on your crooked father.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Have you tried contacting K2 through this URL?

http://www.k2bikes.com/index.php?section=faq

They got right back to me so apparently someone's still there.
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!

mtbr member
    Here is the information according to the k2 website. Keep trying to call them

USA/Canada: 1.631.780.5360
    International: 1.631.780.5360
    Fax: 1.631.780.5358
    Email: k2bike@eccyclesupply.com
    K2 Bike
    1600 Calebs Path Ext, Suite 203
    Hauppauge, NY, 11788
    USA

banned
    Anything better to do with your time Randall? Like figure out your defense, or I don't know, maybe prep your books for the IRS or the court investigation ?

Looks like your plan and daddy's is going to backfire.

WWCS has gone under, everything they had is now under ECCS (East Coast Cycle Supply). And I'm getting screwed. They want to charge me for an entire frame because they just assume the company name, none of their product or anything. They are also having frames sent over from china or some **** factory but they're buying them and have to charge me. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed as since they assumed the K2 brand and they should assume anything with the K2 name on it, iron horse built or not, ESPECIALLY something purchased not even a year ago that at the time had a 5 year warranty. I would have understood if the company K2 itself, as a bike company, just disappeared/went under, BUT NO.

Here's the other problem, say I do pay the money for a new frame, how do I know that one isn't going to be defective? I'm pretty bummed now because I think I need to sell it and buy a bike from a real bike company... maybe what I should have done in the first place, or just buy a new frame all together and put components on that.
    I understand things really suck, but place blame at the origin: Randall Weidberg (Randall Scott), and his father, Clifford, who defrauded god knows how many people out of tens of millions of dollars around the world, and are still high on trying to blame their employees.

While RS has edited his posts, I have the thread saved, pre-edit, along with people having quoted him to make sure he doesn't edit. If there's any doubt, just read his musings here:
    Latest IH in the news....

and read the BRAIN articles about the progress about the court cases. Hell, he even kept delaying and trying to dispell rumors of IH's bankruptcy to buy more time to move more bikes. His father threatened former employees, and Randall also threatened me in that other thread. The funny thing is I'm not scared of him trying to do anything to me.

So MTBR had some use to the Weidbergs, which was to give them a place to assist in the fraud of not paying tens of millions in credit to suppliers, domestic and international, then move product through the son's company at prices lower than even wholesale (hey, even if sold at 50% wholesale, 100% profit is 100% profit, eh Randall?), and then bankrupt IH, and then offer to sell it at an allegedly intentionally devalued price to Randall. He claims this site is useless, but he used it to buy more time to move more units, and got threads shut down.

All according to the court filings and the accusations, of course.

Here is the information according to the k2 website. Keep trying to call them

USA/Canada: 1.631.780.5360
    International: 1.631.780.5360
    Fax: 1.631.780.5358
    Email: k2bike@eccyclesupply.com
    K2 Bike
    1600 Calebs Path Ext, Suite 203
    Hauppauge, NY, 11788
    USA
    Last edited by Jerk_Chicken; 06-21-2009 at 09:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    whoa-that's a pretty wild and informative post...so that's how Randall Scott moved those IH's and K2's so damn cheap..I always wondered.

It really was tooo bad how those two brands went down...with a little better quality control and one more round of frame evolution they were both close to making truly great bikes!

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004

No good

Weak

I don't want to publicly insult you and your family, so I have nothing to say.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well, at least MTBR made/is making some ad revenue off Randall Scott. So I guess there is a bright side to dealing with a crooked setup.

Do keep calling K2- persistence usually pays off though if they have their minds set to not honor warranties, you're better off not stressing about it and moving on to a better brand.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Well, at least MTBR made/is making some ad revenue off Randall Scott. So I guess there is a bright side to dealing with a crooked setup.

Do keep calling K2- persistence usually pays off though if they have their minds set to not honor warranties, you're better off not stressing about it and moving on to a better brand.
    Just curious, do they have anything to honor the warranties with, even if they wanted to?

I don't know how this worked with them buying the K2 brand, but did the get all the KS assets and stock? Was there anything left to get?

banned
    Nice, we now have more RS employees spamming the forum.

How about you dispell your myths, Randall and Cliff Weidberg? No one believes you two as victims. You still haven't defended yourselves publicly, so now you try to deflect by expanding it.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Who is this? Randal? Cliff?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevejobs
    Sources inside the industry are apparently saying the acquisition of k2 and other brands was done illegally by former Iron Horse Staff who formed east Coast and East Coast will be out of business once this becomes apparent. The forum is yours East Coast...dispel these myths
    What sources? You guys talk about unfounded rumors when you know they are true (and in the news), and now talk about some "sources inside the industry"? Care to give a single example of a "source inside the industry" that claims this? No sense dispelling an accusation that nobody has made.

Have you no shame? You names are getting dragged through the mud in your own forum, why start it again over here?

banned
    http://uscyclingreport.com/content/i...d=798&Itemid=2
    Dated Sept 2008:

OLBROOK, NY - Stew Barnett recently left World Wide Cycle Supply, the owner of Iron Horse Bicycles, after spending nearly 30 years with the company.

According to Cliff Weidberg, chief executive officer of World Wide Cycle Supply, Barnett’s last day was last Thursday.

Barnett and Weidberg co-owned World Wide Cycle Supply and Barnett started the Iron Horse Bicycle Company in 1980 and was working in sales at the time of his departure.
    Weidberg declined to discuss the reasons for Barnett’s split with the company, saying he would give more details in a forthcoming press release.

Barnett spoke briefly about his departure from World Wide, saying “it was a great run for all these years and I love the bike business. There are no disappointments on my end.”

Weidberg said that the sales team would fill Barnett’s role and that business would continue as usual. He said the company is moving forward in a new direction focused on taking better care of its customers, and that he would elaborate on the plan in the press release.

Weidberg dispelled rumors that Iron Horse is filing bankruptcy, saying that many people have confused his company with American Iron Horse, a motorcycle supplier that went bankrupt back in March.

The two companies are not, and have never been, affiliated and Iron Horse is not going bankrupt, he said.
    “We’ve heard those rumors. There’s no basis whatsoever for them,” Weidberg said.
    Some months later, IH is bankrupt. You make the judgement.

DW, the man that arguably put IH on the map, had this to say:
    The decision to move on was completely mine, and it was a very tough decision at that.

I still remain friends with Stew Barnett the owner of WWCS, and have many friends in the company still. We built something special together over the past 6 years, and you just don't forget that over night.

The timing was right for me to move on and dw-link was part of that move for me. I wish Iron Horse and all of my friends at Iron Horse the best of luck moving forward.

Dave
    As far as the company goes, and 7 figures owed to him, he isn't so nice.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...=195840&page=2

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    No, I am an old timer in the industry. Read this about Jeff Bruno current owner of East Coast Cycle Supply. Its a Court Document. Seeing a pattern? Make your own conclusions. Where is East Coast's explanation? Regarding Cliff, I feel bad for what happened to him. He was retired and his partner and staff looted the company that he started from scratch. He is a self made man, came from nothing. Without him there would be no Iron horse to even discuss. Look into the name Stew Barnett and ask around who ran the company for the last 15 years.

You have your facts wrong but it doesn't matter so i am not arguing about that.

Lets stick to East Coast. Read this and tell me if you are seeing a pattern.

http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&pid...pplication/pdf
    That link does not lead me to anything. Just an opportunity to sign up for some google app. Can you just cut and paste it here, or post the PDF?

banned
    According to what everyone in the industry already knows, Barnett ran the company for the last 15 years, Cliff, upon finding out the dire financial of the company i assume made Barnett leave and has since files numerous lawsuits against him which you should dig up and post. Cliff tried to build it back up but obviously was not successful as the company had been destroyed over the past 15 years and 6 months was not enough time to build it back. Call DW. Ask him who ran the company for the last 15 years. Ask him who signed the contracts with DW, who worked with the factories, etc. Listen believe whatever you want. it doesn't matter to me.

Stop diverting. What about East Coast and the "victim" former employees. What is your interpretation of the court document that was posted. Doesn't this seem familiar. What were the details of the sale of k2 to East coast? ANYONE? Make your own conclusions.
    It does matter to you, Clifford. That's why you and Randy are posting on this useless forum.

And who's deflecting? You got your own worries, now you're looking to take shots at others. No one cares what their position is, because we're all talking about YOU AND YOUR SON. We've made our conclusions based on yours and your son's postings. He doesn't exactly do you guys justice.

banned
    The doc still doesn't work.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    COURT DOCUMENT REGARDING JEFF BRUNO OWNER EAST COAST CYCLE http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&pid...pplication/pdf
    Are you going to actually link to something in these "links"?

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    I'll let my posts and your silence, East Coasts silence, a court document, etc speak for themselves. You can have the final word. Just wish you would comment on East Coast or someone from their staff. .
    Comment on what? You have not said anything specific to comment on.

All we have here is some guy with 5 posts making very vague accusations and posting links that don't link to anything useful.

banned
    The Doc is a lawsuit filed against Jeff Bruno (current owner of East Coast Cycle Supply) supplying evidence and accusing him and other staff of stealing bike Licences from his former employer Rand. Extremely similar to what happened with the k2, jeep and Columbia licences. East Coast Cycle Supply has not disclosed how they obtained these licenses and information from industry sources have the opinion that East Coast Cycle Supply will be in legal trouble causing them to go out of business. The doc is an interesting read. Make your own judgments. If you cant link to it i am not sure why. Its uploaded with Google docs. I am not that technical so cant troubleshoot this. Just search online for it.
    We can't make judgements on it because we can't see it. Nothing comes up in google, either.

We also know that you filed a lawsuit with claims that your employees ripped you off (perhaps that's how you had access to the document in order to upload it) while you didn't know what was going on. Can you also tell us what your son was going to say, in terms of dispelling the rumors of WCS going out of business? Can you also tell us how he was able to sell the remaining IH inventory for less than its wholesale worth?

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    The Doc is a lawsuit filed against Jeff Bruno (current owner of East Coast Cycle Supply) supplying evidence and accusing him and other staff of stealing bike Licences from his former employer Rand. Extremely similar to what happened with the k2, jeep and Columbia licences. East Coast Cycle Supply has not disclosed how they obtained these licenses and information from industry sources have the opinion that East Coast Cycle Supply will be in legal trouble causing them to go out of business. The doc is an interesting read. Make your own judgments. If you cant link to it i am not sure why. Its uploaded with Google docs. I am not that technical so cant troubleshoot this. Just search online for it.
    No I can't link to it and I tried a google search. Nothing. But I will take your summary at face value for now for the sake of argument.....

So, files are being charged by their previous employer who is in turn accused of misconduct by his creditors and owns millions of dollars. Hmmmm. Are the creditors following up on this as well? Do I see a pattern? Yes, I see someone trying to deflect blame.

Sorry, the idea that cliff was not involved with the operations of his businesses is a little hard to believe. Was it Bruno or this Barnett guy that set up RSC with all that inventory for next to nothing? Are you seriously expecting someone to believe cliff had nothing to do with that?

You still won't even say who "industry sources" are.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast