mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Just Bought a K2 Zed 3.0, any advice?

I just purchased a K2 Zed 3.0 from REI for $469 (It was on a clearance sale and was orginally 600). It is my first mountain bike as I am a newbie. I took it out for an 11 mile run on a simple gravel trail today, went over a small bumps and logs, up and down some hills and so far it seems ok. I just wanted to kind of get used to it and break it in a little bit.

Is there anything I should no about the Zed 3.0? Like are there any specific parts I should watch out for that may break easy? Any kind of advice would be awesome.

Thanks.

Riding or Fishing
    Hey man! Welcome to the K2 board!
    I have an 07 Zed 2.0 SE that I bought a few months back, and I absolutely love it. Your's will have upgraded parts over mine, so you should be set for quite some time. I have only upgraded to Ergon GX1 grips, and I swapped off the Kenda Klaw's for a sweet pair of Kenda Small block 8's. Great, fast rolling tire for roads and hard pack trails, which is what I'm riding 99% of the time.
    My best advice is get out there and ride it! Great bike man!!

mtbr member
    Zeds are great. I would like one in my garage.
    Put some miles on it and enjoy.

Expert Crasher
    Go have fun with it, enjoy the sport of mountain biking. As things break, then focus on upgrades. Since you have a new bike, it'll need some service after the cables have stretched, etc, take advantage of REIs service as well.

Welcome to the K2 clan!
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    That's great! My first MTB was a Zed (not counting the Huffy, of course). Ditto what GLG said- use their service policy. When stuff breaks, have fun trying to fix it, or go to a friendly LBS for repairs. Most of all, have fun!
    Hi!
    Style: XC, Mid-Atlantic roots, rocks, & poison ivy
    Rides: '06 K2 Apache 6.0, '01 K2 Razorback Team