Thread: Apache 5.0 2006

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Apache 5.0 2006

I am looking into this bike as my first full suspension. I ride a GF single speed. I am 6' 230 lbs and like to ride tight single track with big log overs and such. I don't do big drops but like to catch air. Is this the bike for me?Seems like a deal I can't pass up. It is right in my $ range being the msrp $1800. The only thing I worry about is the fork, never been a manitou fan. have broke 2.

thanx..
    link below

http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/it.A/id....1&category=115
    p.s.
    what are the inches of their med and large frames?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    RS only has a small size.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

yeah:-(

Just noticed that.

Expert Crasher
    you're an ideal size L on the K2 frames though - keep looking, a 2006 Lithium 4.0 would be perfect for you.

Also - check out the new models, I saw a new Base at the REI in Atlanta - good looking design.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Along what these guys are saying-you'd be on the bigger side of guys who would normally ride an Apache. Definitely swap out the fork (!) My bike dealer rides an apache but he uses a Pike 454-which, works wonderfully with this bike (I've borrowed it a number of times and it's impressive in this set up).

The new K2 line (of base and factory frames) might be more to your liking-or the lithium, a fine bike that can be found pretty cheap.

good like,

Liam