lone rider

XCR Comp, can I go wrong?

Jenson has the Dakar XCR Comp 07 for 1500. Seems like a pretty solid deal at a good price. Anybody found a better deal?

I'm looking to unload my SS and get a squishie. It's about 500 more than I wanted to spend, but it's brand new, which is nice. I was mostly looking at used FS rigs for 800-1000.

Any owners want to chime in? Should I wait another couple months and wait for the price to drop some more while I keep an eye on the used bike market?
    It's only funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's hilarious.
    --Bill Hicks

NormalNorm
    I got one from the LBS. Sweet bike. I had a Specialized Stumpy, which i cracked the frame for the 4th time. Not good. Check out different bikes and couldnt beat the Jamis price.

I wouldnt look back on this purchase. Im so f'ing happy with it. This is my 4th FS, and the best yet. The bike rides like the perfect blend between a trailbike and a racebike.

A couple of things i noticed.

The rearend is stiff, and responsive. Doesnt feel "whipppy"

The geometery is bang on. Headtube angle and seat tube angle are perfect.

The bars and seatpost are sh!t IMO. I upgraded mine. Also went UST.

All in all, i would make this purchase again....very happy with it. Any questions about it, let me know. I would be happy to answer any questions for you....

lone rider
    I'm glad to hear you are happy with your Dakar. How are the Juicy3s? I haven't ridden anything but cable discs (BB7s), so I'm guessing feel will be the best upgrade.

How is the sizing on yours? I usually ride a 16/17", so I'm thinking the 17" will be the best fit for me. Still wish I could try it on for size though.
    It's only funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's hilarious.
    --Bill Hicks

NormalNorm
    Yeah, very happy with the disc brakes They took a few rides to brake in though. I bought a 19". Fits me good. Im just over 6'0" I tried a 17" and it was way too small.

Again, a great bike....