mtbr member
    May 2006

Why is there an abundance of 05' XLT/XC Frames available?

I've seen these frames available at a few online shops and quite a bit on ebay. I've never seen an abundance of other frames available like this before. Is there any specific reason for it? Did they over produce them? Did Jamis always have framse available or is this a new thing? I'd like to see the same from the other big bike companies.

mtbr "member"

I assume due to the new frame design

In 2003, the first year of the XLT's, Jamis ran out of the bikes/frames before the model year was even over. I guess they must have increased production numbers due to popular demand. Now with the new frame design, they're probably just clearing out all of the left over "reserve" and warrantee frames. Not sure why it's specific to the 2005 year though. Maybe slowed 2006 production numbers anticipating 2007's new models.

All conjecture.

REEK

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The main reason is because Jamis did a crazy blowout on complete bikes and dealers of every shape, size and color bought them up to part them out. On the higher end models you could make potentially 100% margin on the parts alone. Jamis made the mistake once and I'm positive will never do it again.