mtbr member
    Dec 2006

What size Dragon 650B?

Hi all,

Interested in the Dragon 650B. I'm 5'7" tall with inseam about 28.75". Standover on 17" frame seems tall at 31". Thinking of going with the 15" frame and maybe using a bit longer stem if needed. Any opinions? Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam. I test rode a 17" Dragon and it felt great. You do have shorter legs than I do. You'd probably do better with a smaller frame, considering saddle position (probably moved way forward) and standover. I'm assuming you have no where to test ride, one.
    If you're into building a bike up, consider a Soma BSide. It has similar dimensions with a little more slope in the top tube and slightly shorter standover in the 16.5" frame. Also a steeper head angle. I have a BSide and I'm really digging it.
    -Carlos

Flux

mountainfreak
    Aug 2009
    hkmeup... a 15" sounds right for ya. I'm 5'10" with a 32 inseam and ride the 17".

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Thanks Carlos and Sal,

Just picked up the Dragon 650B in a 15" size from my LBS. Dealer swapped the stock
    80mm stem for a 90mm and the fit is perfect. Can't wait to get some serious dirt time on 'er this weekend. Neighbor said the bike was too pretty to thrash but hey, bikes are just tools...right?