mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Water bottle mounts in the new dakar line??

Hi!

I`m looking forward to buy the Dakar XCR Expert, and after seeing the photo of the bike at the web catalog it seems that the frame has two bolts on the main frame (not under the BB area) but a little upper the suspension design, to hold a bottle. Is that true?

BTW, I see that the carbon models don`t have water bottle bolts...

Could someone who has the RIGHT info corrovorate on that? I don`t want to buy a bike with a bb water mount...or with no water mount at all...
    What about the efficiency of this suspension design?

Thanks a lot!
    bye

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

H2O Mounts

Regarding your H2O concerns, the 17", 19", 21" Alloy XCR's and 17", 19", 21" Carbon XCR's will have H20 mounts on the top and under of the down tube. The 13" and 15" models with have H20 Mounts on the underside of the downtube.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The carbon models includes the "Team" and the "pro"?
    I want to buy the XCR expert (the first alloy model after the carbon versions)...Have you ride it?...It seems a killer deal of specs for the price!
    I was asking this because the last year model (2007) have NO h2O mounts on the top of the down tube...just at the bb area...

thanks a lot for your answer!
    bye

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Fran,
    I have spent a considerable amount of time on a 07 XCR Comp. Yes, the XCR's last year had the water bottle mounts only on the underside of the down tube but that has been addressed. As for the performance of the XCR. I really like how the XCR reacts to rider input. Very lively at the pedals and holds a line very well. I'm going to be riding a XCR Pro in 2008. Oh, another aspect of the bike I liked is that it seems to have a dual personality, fast and serious for XC racing but is a great trail bike as well. These bikes were raced by Kenny Burt (Team Motion Based/Jamis/Kenda/Formula) in many endurance and Super -D events. Most Super -D riders use a 5 or 6 inch travel bike. Kenny chose the XCR and kicked Butt!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Here is a link to Team Motionbased: http://team.motionbased.com/

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Kenny Burt

Kenny Burt (KMB) also rode a Carbon XCR to a 4th place over all at the Downieville Classic in the Pro All-Mountain catagory.

The XCR's handle great, descend well, climb great and are fun!
    ]
    Craig "Skippy" Hoyt

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I ride an '07 XCR Expert and it does have the water bottle mounts on both the top and underside of the downtube. As for how it rides I have one word: Fantastic! I have only owned it for about 2 months but I'm as excited about it today as the day I bought it. In my opinion you cannot get a better bike, component-wise, for anywhere close to what I paid for it. It does everything well. If you are considering one you should buy one. You won't be disappointed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Ok, good to know the water bottle mounts.
    Regarding the handling and the behave of the bike...I`m coming from a HT, I had always raced and trained on hardtails for years....So Ipm a little affraid that going into a FS bike will loose so of that "power tranfer" on the bike...I race expert, so I need every bit of energy on the climbs!...What do you think about it?

thanks a lot guys!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I rode a HT for 12+ years and the XCR Expert was my first ever time on a FS. Never even put a leg over my buddies FS bike. I was a little concerned about the change also but I can honestly say I have no regrets whatsoever. I feel like I ride faster and more in control and I also feel much fresher after a ride. And I am having a LOT more fun too! My biggest concern was how the bike would react on some of the longer, rockier climbs but that hasn't been a problem at all. It took a little getting used to but I don't think I've missed a beat. And you can always lock out the shock too, but I haven't found the need to do that.
    Attached Images Attached Images