mtbr member
    Apr 2016

Virtual silence from Jamis

I have been very happy with my Jamis Dakar xcr bike until 6 weeks ago when I discovered a crack across the vertical tube of the front triangle just above the suspension weld. This bike was within the 5 year warranty period and I immediately initiated a warranty claim with the help of the bike shop it was purchased from (JensenUSA).

It took three weeks to hear anything from Jamis, and they only acknowledged that they would indeed warranty the bike. Since then it has been additional silence on the part of Jamis. It is now exactly six weeks later and I am still bike-less.

I had heard great things about Jamis warranties and customer support. Is anyone home at Jamis?.

I was hoping this would be less frustating. I am sure JensenUSA is probably equally perplexed and frustated too.
    Last edited by rathernotwalk; 04-04-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Silence! I kill you!
    Any local shops you can take the bike to?
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    JensenUSA is local for me

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'd check-in with Jenson and let them check into the issue. This is where a shop's customer service should be stepping up to the plate to resolve these issues for you, since you shouldn't have to (and likely can't) deal with Jamis directly.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

mtbr member
    May 2016

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by rathernotwalk View Post
    I have been very happy with my Jamis Dakar xcr bike until 6 weeks ago when I discovered a crack across the vertical tube of the front triangle just above the suspension weld. This bike was within the 5 year warranty period and I immediately initiated a warranty claim with the help of the bike shop it was purchased from (JensenUSA).

It took three weeks to hear anything from Jamis, and they only acknowledged that they would indeed warranty the bike. Since then it has been additional silence on the part of Jamis. It is now exactly six weeks later and I am still bike-less.

I had heard great things about Jamis warranties and customer support. Is anyone home at Jamis?.

I was hoping this would be less frustating. I am sure JensenUSA is probably equally perplexed and frustated too.

I've had the same problem, my bike has been in the shop over 6 weeks now, I've called the shop a couple times a week and they say Jamis rarely gets back to them. They approved the frame to be replaced under warranty and that they would have to bring it over from Asia. But other than that nothing..... now I'm renting a bike tomorrow cause I can't sit around anymore... this is the second d time the chain stay has broken 😯
    @jamisbikes according to this forum, looks like your reputation could be in jeopardy .... hope y'all are paying attention

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Cory3000,

Please PM us with the retailer you are working with.

Thanks,
    JAMIS BIKES

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Cory3000,

Have you had a chance to read our PM yet?

-Jamis Bikes

Newb
    Apr 2016
    bump! any news on this? Looking at the Dragonslayer now...