mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Stripped Her Bare

Just thought I'd share my project since I got all the info on how to do it from these forums. I got bored and stripped my Jamis bare.. thought it came out pretty good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stripped Her Bare-stripped-bike-3.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I want to do it sooo bad on my bike also, but I don't want to void the warranty

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    she looks good naked.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    yup she's hot..

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    The way the paint chips off my new Jamis mine will look like that in no time!
    09 Jamis XCT2 Marzocchi RC3 ti forks, XT/XTR drivetrain, Mavic Crossrides/ Kenda Nevegal DTC=29lbs

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    How did you do it? Does it involves polishing as well?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I totally disassembled it. Then sprayed it with Tal Strip II Aircraft stripper, waited 30 minutes, and hosed it down. I did that about 3 times to get most of the paint off, then scrubbed with steel wool and mineral spirits for a few hours. I polished it at the end, but that just took a few minutes. All in all it could easily be done in 1 day, but probably morning to night...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyk1182
    I totally disassembled it. Then sprayed it with Tal Strip II Aircraft stripper, waited 30 minutes, and hosed it down. I did that about 3 times to get most of the paint off, then scrubbed with steel wool and mineral spirits for a few hours. I polished it at the end, but that just took a few minutes. All in all it could easily be done in 1 day, but probably morning to night...
    Cool! Sounds doable for me. Since mine's in need of some bearings/bushings care anyway.

usually cranky
    very nice but id be weary of voiding a warrenty on a jamis.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul
    very nice but id be weary of voiding a warrenty on a jamis.
    I bought it through a dealer who handles warranty issues over the phone, I've already had to use the warranty and I just got the bike shop guy on the phone with the dealer and got the money back for the issue

usually cranky
    it does look very good, im torn weather or not to do it to my xam but i would leave the rocker link black. yout xct is making my choice no easier...