mtbr member
    Aug 2007

So tell me about my 2007 Dakar XC

I recently purchased this bike and was wondering if you folks can tell me what to expect from it. What are it's limitations, etc. Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    This is my first real Mountain bike. I have a Diamonback hardtail that was strictly used for exercise on the road or paved paths.
    I went with Jamis because I have had such great luck with my Ventura Race road bike
    Thanks again,
    Sean

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    i think you'll like it. i really like mine.. it does take some time to get used to the rear end not being as stiff as a hardtail though

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jpelaston
    i think you'll like it. i really like mine.. it does take some time to get used to the rear end not being as stiff as a hardtail though
    I did notice that the rear shock sucks alot of energy out of you on the trails.
    Thanks,
    Sean

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    How does the XC compare to the XLT, and how much abuse can the XC take?
    Thanks,
    Sean
    Last edited by Irish317; 08-05-2007 at 05:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I have a Dakar also and love it.I'm a pretty big rider,and i beat the crap outta it.So far the only thing i've had to replace was a bent sprocket.It was totally my fault though.I was trying out some free riding and my first attempt on the skinnies going fast didnt go over real well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Last year I built up an older Dakar XC frame, and have no complaints. The frame, and Fox rear shock have been stellar. Some of the parts I put on, not so great... but that's the fun of building up your own... always room to upgrade!

I really don't notice a lot of energy loss due to the rear suspension, as compared to one of my hardtails. I'm a pretty big guy, and didn't have to spend much time fiddling with settings on the rear shock to get it dialed in.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish317
    How does the XC compare to the XLT, and how much abuse can the XC take?
    Thanks,
    Sean
    I haven't ridden an XLT but i did have a dakar sport before i got the XC pro and it seems my XC is every bit as rugged and able to take the abuse that the sport could... actually with the better shock the XC has on it i think it is better in the rough stuff than my Dakar Sport was!!