Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Show us your Jamis!

509K views 1K replies 516 participants last post by  Amadem 
#1 ·
Here is my baby! 03 DAKAR XLT on Tioga factory 2.3!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
wish i could but i still got $800 to pay on mine

i'll be getting a dakota xc though wich is woth it ..... :D
took it for a test ride day before yesterday and i am in love ... :D i miss having a moutain bike ...
sigh ...
soon ... :cool:

#5 ·
Acme54321 said:
Trond that's a super sweet bike, I wish i had a frame as sweet looking as that! To bad they lost the Horst in 04.
Thanks,
I can't believe they dropped the Horst. The estimated cost per bike is $4...

I have some niggles on the XLT though, maybe you guys can shed some light on this.

The kiss: there is the possibility that the braze will touch the seattube under heavy compression. If I let the air out the shock it does touch. Has anyone had a problem with this?

Also, there is play in the link that is attached to the top tube. There is a small spacer that creates the play, however, if I take it off the play is gone but the link then has stiction. Could anyone with an XLT check this? Just grab the rear wheel and rock it to both sides while holding the seat. Look at the link that's attached to the top tube, does it move from side to side?

Thanks,
Trond

check out Scandinavias larges mtb zine. terrengsykkel.no

#9 ·
THis isn't my bike, but I found this pic of it online from someone who is selling the exact same thing. Since I bought it a week ago, everything is stock like this guy's. But I don't like the pedals and the seat so I'll probably change it. Later on, I'll probably change the fork.

Attachments

#13 ·
Here's the Big Pig

This is my XLT 1.0. As you can see, it is basically stock, with Shimano pedals being the only major upgrade. I have a rotating cast of tires; I have Specialized Enduro Pros, various WTB tires, and the stock Hutchinsons. I have yet to find a tire that I really like. I also have a hardtail; a 2001 Eureka LE...will post it's pic later.

Attachments

#14 ·
And for what it's worth...

I've never had any problems with "the kiss". I called Fox before I purchased the bike, and ordered the correct springs for my weight, both front and rear. I weigh ~ 250 pounds, with gear, and I've never had any problem with the brace hitting the seat tube.

mtnbiker62 said:
This is my XLT 1.0. As you can see, it is basically stock, with Shimano pedals being the only major upgrade. I have a rotating cast of tires; I have Specialized Enduro Pros, various WTB tires, and the stock Hutchinsons. I have yet to find a tire that I really like. I also have a hardtail; a 2001 Eureka LE...will post it's pic later.

#18 ·
bikeCOLORADO said:
It was cobbled together from spares...trust me there's no way I could afford to keep a family of SIX riders on the trail with bikes and gear any other way but with spares, second hand stuff, ebay and internet deals, etc, etc, etc...
I should learn how to put bikes together....I'll do that this summer. I have two other bikes, not quite well in shape...actually, in really bad shape...ah, heck, if they were fixable, I wouldn't have bought a new bike.

#20 ·
Well, my gf has a bike that she hardly rides. She says there's something wrong with it. I think with some of the parts of the other two bikes, I can make her bike really nice. If I switch off the frames, she could get a nice steel frame, but then I need to learn how to put everything else together. I think I'll just browse around the tools section for a couple of weeks and see if anything would come up to help me.

#25 · (Edited)
(04) Jamis Dakar XLT 3.0

Here is my newly assembled Dakat xlt 3.0. I just bought the frame and transferred the rest from my old bike. since the fork's travel Marzocchi MX comp ETA is only 105mm, I have to set the rear TALAS into the middle setting to match it. I love this bike and someday I'm gonna get myself a 125mm TALAS rl fork to make it a good trail bike.

Attachments

#946 ·
Here is my newly assembled Dakat xlt 3.0. I just bought the frame and transferred the rest from my old bike. since the fork's travel Marzocchi MX comp ETA is only 105mm, I have to set the rear TALAS into the middle setting to match it. I love this bike and someday I'm gonna get myself a 125mm TALAS rl fork to make it a good trail bike.
Hey! That's my bike. I have the exact same one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.