Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1113
    Hooligan
    So they decided that they won't replace it because it is "Impact damage" (duh) but they will sell me another for $100. still not sure what I'm going to do about it.

Hooligan
    will the rear from an '02 dakar fit an '05? i know the pivot moved from the chainstay to the seatstay, but is there any reason that it wouldnt work?

mtbr member
    2009 Jamis Trail X3, just traded my hybrid for it, and loving it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Jamis!-2009-jamis-trail-x3.jpg  

Hooligan
    To answer my own question: it won't fit for a couple reasons. the older swing-arms attached with bushings instead of bearings, so the holes are a little different and not compatible. I could machine the swing-arm a little bit to take the bearings, but the cross member on the seat stay is about an inch higher on the older model and would hit the seat tube as the suspension moved.

Hooligan
    I also just found a crack in my downtube, meaning that now all 3 parts of the frame have broken. time to put this thing out to pasture.

NOOB
    Nov 2012
    any one have a 2009 3.0 frame in 19 inch they want to sell? a dakar

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Here's a pic of my Dragon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Jamis!-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Hi twenty6point2

Fairly standard questions I know, but what size is that dragon and how tall are you. I'm looking at the 15" for a friend and she's 5'4"

I see you've swapped out the stem too. How do you find the handling?

Cheers!

Looks great btw

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BareNecessities View Post
    Hi twenty6point2

Fairly standard questions I know, but what size is that dragon and how tall are you. I'm looking at the 15" for a friend and she's 5'4"

I see you've swapped out the stem too. How do you find the handling?

Cheers!

Looks great btw
    Hi, it's a 17" frame. I'm 5'8" and, if I'm honest, the stand over height is borderline too tall. I can flat foot, but only just. I tried the 15", but it just felt too cramped, so I weighed compromise and went with the medium.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Oh yeah, the new stem is 65mm and she now handles like a dream compared the the stocker (100mm).

mtbr member
    Cool, thanks for the quick reply!

Going to sort out a test ride first, but the stock 90mm stem and 720mm bars seemed a bit much for a 15" frame

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

2012 Jamis Dakar XC Sport

Hey everyone,

Heres my '12 Dakar XC Sport. I am just the weekend rider and so far I am happy with it. It does have a few upgrades that I felt were really needed. Replaced the crappy RST forks it came with which made a HUGE difference. FSA Carbon Stem and handlbar. Other than that, the bike is solid and durable...Great bike for a beginner and good price. I picked this up for 500 bux.

Enjoy...

Show us your Jamis!-img_20130731_183326.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

2007 Jamis Diablo Before and After

Show us your Jamis!-img_20130815_144514-1-.jpgShow us your Jamis!-img_20130904_082854.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Need 2007 jamis Diablo rear lower left swingarm. want a spare please

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    So how many frames does one replace before they move on or stay w/Jamis? I've had a 2012 Dakar 650b comp for just about a year now and I am going on my 3rd frame, one broke by the top tube/seat post and one broke right through the weld in the rear triangle/chain stay just in front of the rear through axle. My dealer has been great and Jamis has been as well in replacing the broken frame parts, I love the bike and the performance on the trail but it does not exactly inspire confidence knowing that it's only a matter of time before the next issue? Do I push for a 2013/2014 replacement, does it matter ?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Well, I'd keep hammering away on the new frame parts and if it does break again definitely push hard for a 2013 or 2014 frame. 2013 the frames rear triangle was strengthened yet again I believe with stronger chain stays. Maybe other stuff also, not sure. You say the dealer and Jamis have both been great so go with it.....why.....re-sale is not good IMO. I had a mint condition 2011 Dakar 650 B2 (top of the line) which had maybe 250-300 miles on it, XO everything, dropper post, a brand new upgraded warranty replacement shock from Sram, original wheels/tires which hardly saw dirt (I have custom built 650b wheels I used). It was a ***** to sell and and I felt it was really worth more than what I got for it considering the condition and component specs on that thing. So that's my rant for the day.

Let me ask, do you get full travel from the rear shock? Really check this out as I believe that Jamis's spec on the shock is wrong (pretty sure it's a MM if you have the Monarch) I weigh 185lbs geared up and no matter what I did (including lowering the internal IFP pressure) or what sag I ran the shock would not get full travel. I read a review of the bike where the tester had the same issue even 3' jumps to flat. After much *****ing to Jamis, Sram replaced and upgraded the shock from an RT to a RT3 with a lighter dampening. I sold the bike before getting any serious rides in but initial feeling was it was much better.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post

Let me ask, do you get full travel from the rear shock? Really check this out as I believe that Jamis's spec on the shock is wrong (pretty sure it's a MM if you have the Monarch) I weigh 185lbs geared up and no matter what I did (including lowering the internal IFP pressure) or what sag I ran the shock would not get full travel. I read a review of the bike where the tester had the same issue even 3' jumps to flat. After much *****ing to Jamis, Sram replaced and upgraded the shock from an RT to a RT3 with a lighter dampening. I sold the bike before getting any serious rides in but initial feeling was it was much better.
    I feel like I am getting full stroke out of the shock but now that you mention I will pay closer attention, make no mistake about it I am a heavy rider just getting back into the sport after 5 years, so I am prob at 225lbs, down 30 from when the season started, 650B to me is like going from straight ski's to shaped ski's back in the day, a huge improvement and I love riding this bike but options are limited without dropping another $2k to get into something else or strip this bike down and buy another frame set, right now I have comp components and a pro frame as when I broke my first one they replaced it with a pro, replaced and rebuilt in 7 days....not too shabby so going the route of stripping it down, buying a frame, building another bike, I dunno, does it make sense ? Thoughts ?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Didn't want to come right out and ask your weight but since you shared that shock might be just fine for you. Make a note of where the o-ring ends up on the shock shaft with all the air out of the shock and bottomed out hard. Then ride at your normal setting pressure and keep an eye on it and see what you get. IMO, it should bottom out every so often.

You said you like the bike. As long as your dealer and Jamis keep coming through on warranty issues just ride the snot out of it until you can't hold off the urge for an upgrade. In the mean time demo as many bikes as you can. LOTS of sweet new 650b bikes out there now with more coming.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Yeah....I fully expected to bottom it out at my weight but has not happened yet, now the xfusion, I'm having a love hate relationship with that fork, seems to have its good days and bad days but it gets the job done. Had a lot of clicking and creaking out of the stanchions but that was fixed with a little loctite green.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    You might be able to have X-Fusion warranty the fork (jeez, another warranty for you). Fox has had to do TONS of warranties on their forks because of that exact same problem. You get a rebuild/oil change all at the same time. Worth a shot if you feel like it.

Pretty sure there is a much stronger wicking Loctite available than the green stuff.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingforowls View Post
    So how many frames does one replace before they move on or stay w/Jamis? I've had a 2012 Dakar 650b comp for just about a year now and I am going on my 3rd frame, one broke by the top tube/seat post and one broke right through the weld in the rear triangle/chain stay just in front of the rear through axle. My dealer has been great and Jamis has been as well in replacing the broken frame parts, I love the bike and the performance on the trail but it does not exactly inspire confidence knowing that it's only a matter of time before the next issue? Do I push for a 2013/2014 replacement, does it matter ?
    So I am now on my 3rd frame in a year this time I am getting a 2011 White Dakar frame to replace my 2nd 2012 frame that cracked. Can't say that I'm too happy about the most recent replacement as in real life I'd never buy a white frame, so to sum it all up, 2012 Black Dakar 650b Comp, replaced with 2012 Dakar 650b pro, now replaced with 2011 650b pro, not happy about going back a model year at all but I'm just too tired to put up a fight I want to ride and start looking at frames to replace this one. Sorry Jamis I'm done.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingforowls View Post
    So I am now on my 3rd frame in a year this time I am getting a 2011 White Dakar frame to replace my 2nd 2012 frame that cracked. Can't say that I'm too happy about the most recent replacement as in real life I'd never buy a white frame, so to sum it all up, 2012 Black Dakar 650b Comp, replaced with 2012 Dakar 650b pro, now replaced with 2011 650b pro, not happy about going back a model year at all but I'm just too tired to put up a fight I want to ride and start looking at frames to replace this one. Sorry Jamis I'm done.
    Hey, I had the 2011 Dakar B2 and it's really a pearl white, not white white. Nice looking frame IMO but if your not a white fan in general it stinks. That being said I'd be bullsh*it at Jamis also. After breaking these frames why would they not give you the stronger 2013 frame (or a 2014 if no 13's were available)? I would have gone ballistic going backwards a year and a color I didn't want but that's me. When my sons 08 Hi Fi cracked a chain stay in 2012 Trek replaced it with a much nicer 2012 Fuel EX9 frame which I then sold for as much as I paid for the original bike (son got a new different bike). I would try talking to the dealer again or getting hold of the Jamis rep for the area and almost demand a 2013 frame.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by corivus View Post
    Its older, picked it up off CL no cracks but a few scuffs first build from scratch!

Attachment 805507
    Attachment 805508
    I'm new here but after seeing this post, thought make a quick introduction with that same frame built out.
    After cracking my 98 frame, Jamis replaced *most* of the frame with what I think is a 97 frame (see the yellow for what they left of the old frame).
    Since I don't really do much trail riding anymore, I decided to make it more road friendly. Just put my old KORE Elite stem back on, Azonic flat pedals and some slicks (last night) and it rides great! Still need to replace the seatpost and then *should* be done.
    Show us your Jamis!-jamis.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Dragon Sport...my first 29er, my first Jamis.

Show us your Jamis!-20131021_182618.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast