Show us your Jamis!

Printable View

  • 11-14-2012
    skidad
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by boardreader View Post
    Is seatpost adjuster stock or upgrade?

    It comes stock with the Joplin dropper post (which the bike came with in 2011). Lever is pretty cool and works pushing it in any direction. I've seen people retro fit this lever to other dropper posts as it's simple and works.

    Also added this very nice Salsa seat clamp in red. I tried a blingy Crank Bros. QR clamp and it wouldn't hold no matter how tight I made it. The salsa is excellent.

    http://tfe.me/image/480_345/TFB10_SalsaLLSeatCollar.jpg
  • 12-06-2012
    mullen119
    Just finished rebuild my wifes Parker. Powder coated the frame blue. Gave her my Vanilla RC( may need a tune though) and upgraded a few other parts. Still needs a longer fork but 130mm will do for now.

    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...BlueParker.jpg
  • 12-06-2012
    rcmaster1029
    Wow, that thing is sick! I love the color combo.
  • 12-11-2012
    Trav_Rad
    Just got my first full suspension! :) It's a 2011 Jamis Dakar xct 1.

    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...9/IMG_0005.png

    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...9/IMG_0002.png
  • 12-16-2012
    mullen119
  • 12-21-2012
    Trav_Rad
    ^ That's a pretty rad collection! Love the way they are displayed. :)
  • 12-22-2012
    OS cuda'
    5 Attachment(s)
    my kromo. its one fun bike!
  • 12-28-2012
    EUREMA
    2 Attachment(s)
    My 2010 Jamis XC Sports
    Dear fellow members,

    Just wanna share my 2010 Jamis XC Sports which resides in tropical asia....Malaysia,

    Built from frame up recently and nothing is stock except frame and rear shock.

    -----Cockpit------
    - WTB riser + UNO stem + AMOEBA sealed bearing headset + WTB 4-front lock-on grip
    - KCNC set off seatpost + WTB Rocket V saddle

    ------Drivetrain------
    - Deore hydro caliper + AVID HS 180mm (F) / 160m (R) rotor
    - Deore shifter/crank/RD + SLX FD + XT cassette 10 speed combo + KMC chain
    - SWISS CODE platform sealed bearing pedal
    - SUNTOUR EPICON 100mm front fork
    - Fulcrum RED POWER XL + Da Bomb QR + Schwalbe rubber

    Wonderful frame albeit rather heavy. nonetheless, no regrets andshould have gotten her sooner! :madman:

    :thumbsup: She loves mud and the humid weather here!! :D
  • 12-29-2012
    rcmaster1029
    Nice bike! Looks like you've had some fun on it. :D
  • 12-30-2012
    dpsmith67
    3 Attachment(s)
    My 2003 Dakar....
    End of the season clean up till spring:(
  • 12-30-2012
    EUREMA
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rcmaster1029 View Post
    Nice bike! Looks like you've had some fun on it. :D

    thanks. been having so much heavy rainfall during this super wet season in asia (heavy monsoon) and muds are standard issue on trails here these few months..... cheers

    to all fellow jamis rider..... HAPPY 2013!!
  • 01-01-2013
    Lowered-S-Dime
    Anybody have a Dakar or a Komodo frame or complete they want to sell? Size large? I have a 2008 Jamis komodo but its a small.
  • 01-01-2013
    skidad
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Lowered-S-Dime View Post
    Anybody have a Dakar or a Komodo frame or complete they want to sell? Size large? I have a 2008 Jamis komodo but its a small.

    Well....I'm gonna be selling my 2011 Dakar 650B2 if you're interested. Would prefer to sell the complete bike vs frame but would consider offers. I'm looking for something with a bit more travel and slacker HA than this bike has. Maybe 250 miles and it has a brand new RS Monarch shock that was just replaced under warranty by RS since the other one wasn't getting full travel and then puked oil all over itself. They also upgraded it from an RT to and RT3. Bike is mint and has plenty of clear protective tape in many areas.
  • 01-03-2013
    jeffw-13
    5 Attachment(s)
    My B1.
  • 01-04-2013
    dpsmith67
    Nice ride.....would love to upgrade to a 650b in the coming year.
  • 01-08-2013
    RSAmerica
    Jamis Dragon 650

    White Brothers Loop TCR 650B Fork, XT Groupo 2 x 10, Chris King Head Set, Chris King Hubs/Stans ZTR Chest rim, Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.35,
    XTR Pedlal, Kent Eriksen Sweetpost Seatpost, Ritchey Stem, Easton Haven Carbon Handle Bar

    Head Badge: Tribute to my Fat Chance Yo Eddy
    http://forums.mtbr.com/attachments/6...ragon-650b.jpghttp://forums.mtbr.com/attachments/6...gon-650b-5.jpg
  • 01-08-2013
    rcmaster1029
    That is a beautiful bike!
  • 01-14-2013
    rusty rhino
    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...36887869_n.jpg

    Just another shot from Kailua, HI.
  • 01-14-2013
    mullen119
    Very nice!
  • 01-15-2013
    ostncoln
    Finally got out on my '13 D29 after sitting in the garage for about a month... sweet ride!

    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...51304614_n.jpg
  • 02-10-2013
    Mitsukuni
    1 Attachment(s)
    My Dragon Pro (and first post!)
    Finally back into the sport after a 15 or so year hiatus... decided to find a nice steel hardtail and build it the way I wanted...

    Attachment 770503

    It is a mix of old and new, bought, bartered and begged parts, but it rides great! Here are some details:

    Frame: 2009 Dragon Pro Reynolds 853 steel
    Fork: Manitou R7 (100mm)
    Headset: DaBomb XC
    Stem: Ritchey 100mm
    Spacers: Token
    Bars: Easton carbon
    Seat post: DaBomb XC
    Seatpost clamp: Chromag
    Saddle: WTB BelAir (yes, that's snow camo)
    Brakes: Hayes 9's slightly modded to work with center lock discs
    Bar ends: NC17 lockons
    Shifters: Deore 2 way
    Wheels: Shimano LX Deore
    Tires: Intense C2 Cross Country
    Crankset: Shimano Deore Hollowtech
    Cassette: Sram (970?)
    Chain Sram PC991
    Rear D: LX
    Front D: LX
    Pedals: Crappy old Wellgo flats for winter, but a new set of Shimano clipless come spring

    Its going to be my cross-country/winter bike (yes I need ice spikers!) and I'm starting a Dakar XAM build for the bigger obstacle trails. I'll post it up when its finished - its currently a frame.

    Cheers to all the great Jamis' in this thread so far! See you on the trails!

    Phil
  • 02-10-2013
    rcmaster1029
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Mitsukuni View Post
    Finally back into the sport after a 15 or so year hiatus... decided to find a nice steel hardtail and build it the way I wanted...

    Attachment 770503

    It is a mix of old and new, bought, bartered and begged parts, but it rides great! Here are some details:

    Frame: 2009 Dragon Pro Reynolds 853 steel
    Fork: Manitou R7 (100mm)
    Headset: DaBomb XC
    Stem: Ritchey 100mm
    Spacers: Token
    Bars: Easton carbon
    Seat post: DaBomb XC
    Seatpost clamp: Chromag
    Saddle: WTB BelAir (yes, that's snow camo)
    Brakes: Hayes 9's slightly modded to work with center lock discs
    Bar ends: NC17 lockons
    Shifters: Deore 2 way
    Wheels: Shimano LX Deore
    Tires: Intense C2 Cross Country
    Crankset: Shimano Deore Hollowtech
    Cassette: Sram (970?)
    Chain Sram PC991
    Rear D: LX
    Front D: LX
    Pedals: Crappy old Wellgo flats for winter, but a new set of Shimano clipless come spring

    Its going to be my cross-country/winter bike (yes I need ice spikers!) and I'm starting a Dakar XAM build for the bigger obstacle trails. I'll post it up when its finished - its currently a frame.

    Cheers to all the great Jamis' in this thread so far! See you on the trails!

    Phil

    Awesome bike! I bet it feels good to be back.
  • 02-12-2013
    jeffw-13
    1 Attachment(s)
    A few changes to the B1. Manitou Tower Pro 29er fork, Stans Flow wheels and Schwalbe Hans Dampf tires
  • 02-18-2013
    HorsCO
    Sweet ride! What's the weight on that bad girl?
  • 02-21-2013
    KBer
    My Jamis Dakar XCT 2011 frame cracked in August 2012. The dealer told me i would get a 2013 replacement in February. Now I am getting the runaround and very frustrated. Has anyone had contact with someone at their warrantee/support dept?