Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Wifes new ride

This is where it will spend the majority of its time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by race24hours
    It's unfair that the bike will be put away most of the time...unfair...

mtbr member

excuses

My wife just had our first child two months ago and is very dedicated about getting into good shape. But she hasn't bikes since she was a child and will have to start in the garage. She does want to learn how to mountain bike, but she can pace herself.

mtbr member
    Here is the wife working up the nerve for some air time...
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    My wife just had our first child two months ago and is very dedicated about getting into good shape. But she hasn't bikes since she was a child and will have to start in the garage. She does want to learn how to mountain bike, but she can pace herself.
    Ah, good excuse, I guess. I'm learning how to ride properly myself anyway. After tomorrow...I'm going to be more or less free for an entire 4 months! Well, I'm looking for a job too...after buying the bike, I have no money, so I can't afford to go to school. It looks like I'll be doing some grunt work again...*sigh*

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

here's mine

it's a 2000 Dakar Pro but I've speced it as an all around trail bike. stratos helix pro rear shock, 2.3 tires, R.F. bashring and A Fox Talas RLC(5"). i love this bike, as it fits me perfectly.

mtbr member

my ride

been browsing the forums for a while, but heres my frist post

2003 jamis xlt 1.0 stock but w/
    xt shifters
    xt front
    wellgo mg-1
    (f) panaracer 2.4
    (r) panaracer 2.1
    soon: rockguard on crank, new blue spring for fork(the same one in it is really weak)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

My 03' Dakar pro

He is my new wheels. Bought frame only and put the parts I wanted on. Continuous project.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by edsol
    Here is my newly assembled Dakat xlt 3.0. I just bought the frame and transferred the rest from my old bike. since the fork's travel Marzocchi MX comp ETA is only 105mm, I have to set the rear TALAS into the middle setting to match it. I love this bike and someday I'm gonna get myself a 125mm TALAS rl fork to make it a good trail bike.
    nice bike where you from

dust2dust
    Jan 2004
    True that! My wife's bike has been hanging upside down in the garage for 2 years. It still has the little rubber whisker thingies on the tires! Let's try this summer to get our ladies out on their bikes!
    "I get knocked down, but I get up again."

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Awesome, mine will walk those kind of "jumps"

I think they both could learn some things from your 10 year old. He had great positioning and balance.

Hope to get my newly built up Dakota on here soon.

mtbr member
    You shoulda seen him and his older sisters (16 and 13) tear up Slickrock, Amassa Rock and Porcupine Rim out in Moab last weekend. I'm just a big old slug on the trails, I have to work at it - it's amazing at how quickly kids pick up the skills, it seems effortless when I see them tearing up a technical climb or a sweet technical descent.

That's me spotting him on the landing. That's something that I learned from a buddy of mine - when you're working on a tough technical spot, have someone spot you or offer to spot less skilled riders. Nothing instills confidence like just knowing someone's standing there in case you muff it up. We'll stay as long as it takes working on various technical pieces of trails just having a blast working on lines and technique.

Here's a nice shot of him doing a little drop on Porc. Rim (notice the "new" Psylo up front on his little Eureka!):
    Last edited by bikeCOLORADO; 04-29-2004 at 09:18 PM.
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Enough is enough

Now I feel like a real weenie!

I busted my fork halfway around slickrock last spring which really turned out to be good news bad news. Bad news - get to hike back from the furthest out point on the slickrock trail with my busted up 7 year old Trek 930. Good news, wife encourages me to get new bike this spring and I end up with a new Dakota!

Her favorite trails, Elk Meadows, Switzerland, upper Buffalo Creek along the Co Trail. She actually has really improved since we moved here a year ago and now rides with a woman's group once a week.

Your kids are really impressive. Mine is only two so is still on a rbig wheel:

mtbr member
    That's awesome...great looking little critter there!

Walking out of Slickrock would just suck - sorry to hear that. Awesome news on the Dakota though.

There's no need to fear.

Here's Mine.

My freshly cleaned up '03 XLT 2.0. Can't say enough great things about Jamis bikes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

what size?

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead
    My freshly cleaned up '03 XLT 2.0. Can't say enough great things about Jamis bikes.
    nice bike boofhead. May I know what size is that and how tall are you? thanks

There's no need to fear.

What Size?

Quote Originally Posted by edsol
    nice bike boofhead. May I know what size is that and how tall are you? thanks
    I am 6' 2" with a 36" inseam. I found the 19" worked best for me. The 21" frame was a bit too long in the top tube. I made some seatpost, stem and handlebar upgrades and the 19" frame now fits me like a glove.

Jeff_FLG

My Dakar

Here is my 03 Dakar XC Comp. The pic was taken last summer, shortly after I bought it, stock setup. It's been rock solid, great spec, climbs like a dream, just a fine ride. It's my first FS bike, and I really have enjoyed it very much. Jamis is a great company -- I have an old Explorer, too, with several thousand miles on it, and it's never had a hitch. I don't know if I'd buy any other make at this point!

mtbr member

My former ride

Here's my former ride, a 01 Dakar Expert.

The frame eventually cracked and thanks to the guys at JensonUSA I got a replacement frame after about 4 months of weekly followups. I learned during the process that the Jamis CS were difficult to get a hold of and Jenson stripped a whole bike in order to solve my warranty issue, don't know what happened later.

I sold the frame, extra shock and front mech on ebay and bought a Giant VT2 as a replacement.

Right Coast

2004 Dakar XC Comp on her maiden voyage...

MattSavage
    Here's my 2000 Dakar Pro. Full XT, Easton Cockpit, Avid Mech's, Black Elite 120, Time Atac Carbon Ti (not pictured) It's a hot bike. Anyone who says white is for pussies, is a *****. White bikes are about as punk as they get!!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Here is mine. DAKAR XLT 2.0 '04. I just picked her up yesterday and I had a blast on the local trail today. Good bike!
    Drewski

“The Beatings will Continue Until Morale Improves”

mtbr member

Here is my "new" Dakar

Two weeks ago I picked up a used Dakar frame off eBay. As you can see, the guy had stripped off the stickers and replaced them with the tribal stickers from the Manitou Black...which is cool because I have the same fork. He also had a sticker on the downtube that said "MORON"...that lasted 2 minutes at my house. Still not sure what I want to put in that big empty space.

I still have a lot of work to do on it. Most of the parts are off the 2003 Giant Rainier had had. The headset, crank/BB, and seatpost were all bought for this frame. My next task is to get a different stem. The Dakar has a slacker headtube than my rainier so it's a little squirrely on the technical climbs. So I am going to try a lower rise stem and/or a flat bar. Just gotta set aside some cash...wife loves the health benefits of my new habit but is not so keen on the cost expenditure.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Vecsus
    Two weeks ago I picked up a used Dakar frame off eBay. As you can see, the guy had stripped off the stickers and replaced them with the tribal stickers from the Manitou Black...which is cool because I have the same fork. He also had a sticker on the downtube that said "MORON"...that lasted 2 minutes at my house. Still not sure what I want to put in that big empty space.

I still have a lot of work to do on it. Most of the parts are off the 2003 Giant Rainier had had. The headset, crank/BB, and seatpost were all bought for this frame. My next task is to get a different stem. The Dakar has a slacker headtube than my rainier so it's a little squirrely on the technical climbs. So I am going to try a lower rise stem and/or a flat bar. Just gotta set aside some cash...wife loves the health benefits of my new habit but is not so keen on the cost expenditure.
    Ah, I'm actually going into debt myself to upgrade my bike, but since I'm new to the sport, I've got a lot to learn. Hahahahha, but riding is so fun I can't see how it could be a bad thing! Nice bike!

mtbr member

A Blast to Ride

Hey Drewski, you'll love your new bike.

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast