Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,100 of 1195
    mtbr member
    2009 Dakar XC...all stock because i'm broke...but, although its disturbingly heavy, it gets me everywhere I want to go...love this bike.

Took a few glamor shots out following some footpaths along the river in search for some fishing spots, nothing like a relaxed ride through the woods.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

XC Comp 2011

Quick ride during lunchtime from work:
    Show us your Jamis!-903508_10151588507065915_1623416735_o.jpg

Closer:
    Show us your Jamis!-jamis.jpg

Use my bike a lot for commuting so I mounted Tioga City Slicker tires; they roll fast and have much better grip on asphalt even when it's damp.
    Last edited by flipmac; 04-11-2013 at 01:28 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Picked up a 2011 X2 recently. I'll be using this for commuting so I added some fenders and a rack and popped on some slicks. I will be converting it to electric soon.

Show us your Jamis!-p4237506-copy.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Just replaced the original wheels, Manitou has an upgrade program so the fork was replaced this week- the "newest" it's been in a long time..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Jamis!-smaller.jpg  

The White Jeff W

Re: Show us your Jamis!

Back from the dead after replacing the rear triangle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Jamis!-uploadfromtaptalk1370121126194.jpg  

No moss...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Jamis Steel Nova at Sherman Branch

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Its older, picked it up off CL no cracks but a few scuffs first build from scratch!

Show us your Jamis!-l19imex.jpg
    Show us your Jamis!-9ilevo3.jpg
    Last edited by corivus; 06-05-2013 at 06:28 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Someone just offered me the 2010 Jamis XAM-2 for $450, comes with an RP23.  That's not a bad price for a 6" travel frame, it's just that I'm totally unfamiliar with the brand and technology.

Anybody here thinks this is a good bargain?

Posted via Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    That's a steal for an all mountain at that price! Have a Jamis Dakar and never had an issue with frame or rear triangle.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Thanks! I'll probably talk to the seller first thing tomorrow.

Posted via Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

My Dakota Comp 2009:

Planing to buy XT groupset!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Here's my 2007 Cross Country 2.0. Lots of upgrades went into this one, most recently a ZTR Olympic wheelset, a Fox F-series fork, and SLX/XT drivetrain. Absolutely love this frame. Show us your Jamis!-img_7274.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Jamis!-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Great frame and bike!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Hi guys! I am the owner of Jamis Dakar xc pro in 2005, is the question. Somebody broke feathers on it? Racked anyone on it carbon top and bottom feathers?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowered-S-Dime View Post
    I have posted pics of my Komodo on here but i wanted a upgrade. So here it is, A 2005 Jamis Dakar 3.0. Built it from the frame up and i love it.... check the pics.... my favorite thing about this bike is the mavic ex729 rims hahaAttachment 774972
    That is a nice looking bike - Great job! How does it perform?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

2013 Jamis Exile Sport

Picked this up less than two months ago and havent been able to get off it! My 2013 Jamis Exile Sport - love the 29er!Show us your Jamis!-gclertc.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    2004 XLT 2.0, this bike has served me well for 10 years. So I figured it was time to throw a whole slew of new parts at it and see if it lasts another 10! New parts include: Enduro bearing kit, Fox 36 Float 160 fork, Fox Float X CTD shock, XT brakes with 180mm rotors, SLX crank set, Race Face 50mm stem, and Truvative 680mm bars.
    Show us your Jamis!-999347_10200588161758943_820393157_n.jpg

Hooligan
    I have an '05 Dakar XC pro. it held up pretty well for a few years, but last year i snapped the drive side chainstay and last week busted the carbon seatstay. it is at my LBS being warrantied now, I should hear back from them in the next day or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Jamis!-jamis.jpg  

Hooligan
    in the picture you can also see the silver chainstay that they gave me to replace the broken one that matched the frame.

Hooligan
    and come to think of it, this frame was given to me in '06 as a warranty. the first one cracked on the seat tube and they gave me this leftover '05 frame as a replacement.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg21892 View Post
    I have an '05 Dakar XC pro. it held up pretty well for a few years, but last year i snapped the drive side chainstay and last week busted the carbon seatstay. it is at my LBS being warrantied now, I should hear back from them in the next day or so.
    Ouch! I really loved my 05 Jamis Dakar (the blue one up the thread) but due to these issues, I was forced to sell it. I had no warranty since I bought it off a guy on CL.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmaster1029 View Post
    It's going to be specifically designed for women, so if you have a woman's body then it should work out alright. :P
    I think thats mostly marketing. These days "woman's specific" bikes are just slightly smaller with a pretty paint job, comfy seat, and shorter stem.
    as long as you are comfortable on the bike and with yourself and I say go for it and rock the pink trim!

Hooligan
    if they wont warranty it i will start looking for an aluminum replacement. a few of the guys I ride with have rear triangles from there old dakars laying around.

Hooligan
    All in all i still really like Jamis as a company and would buy another one even though mine has broken 3 times now. They really stand behind their warranty. I would buy a bike better suited for my (apperently overly) aggressive riding style.

Hooligan
    So they decided that they won't replace it because it is "Impact damage" (duh) but they will sell me another for $100. still not sure what I'm going to do about it.

Hooligan
    will the rear from an '02 dakar fit an '05? i know the pivot moved from the chainstay to the seatstay, but is there any reason that it wouldnt work?

mtbr member
    2009 Jamis Trail X3, just traded my hybrid for it, and loving it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Jamis!-2009-jamis-trail-x3.jpg  

Hooligan
    To answer my own question: it won't fit for a couple reasons. the older swing-arms attached with bushings instead of bearings, so the holes are a little different and not compatible. I could machine the swing-arm a little bit to take the bearings, but the cross member on the seat stay is about an inch higher on the older model and would hit the seat tube as the suspension moved.

Hooligan
    I also just found a crack in my downtube, meaning that now all 3 parts of the frame have broken. time to put this thing out to pasture.

NOOB
    Nov 2012
    any one have a 2009 3.0 frame in 19 inch they want to sell? a dakar

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Here's a pic of my Dragon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Jamis!-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Hi twenty6point2

Fairly standard questions I know, but what size is that dragon and how tall are you. I'm looking at the 15" for a friend and she's 5'4"

I see you've swapped out the stem too. How do you find the handling?

Cheers!

Looks great btw

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BareNecessities View Post
    Hi twenty6point2

Fairly standard questions I know, but what size is that dragon and how tall are you. I'm looking at the 15" for a friend and she's 5'4"

I see you've swapped out the stem too. How do you find the handling?

Cheers!

Looks great btw
    Hi, it's a 17" frame. I'm 5'8" and, if I'm honest, the stand over height is borderline too tall. I can flat foot, but only just. I tried the 15", but it just felt too cramped, so I weighed compromise and went with the medium.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Oh yeah, the new stem is 65mm and she now handles like a dream compared the the stocker (100mm).

mtbr member
    Cool, thanks for the quick reply!

Going to sort out a test ride first, but the stock 90mm stem and 720mm bars seemed a bit much for a 15" frame

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

2012 Jamis Dakar XC Sport

Hey everyone,

Heres my '12 Dakar XC Sport. I am just the weekend rider and so far I am happy with it. It does have a few upgrades that I felt were really needed. Replaced the crappy RST forks it came with which made a HUGE difference. FSA Carbon Stem and handlbar. Other than that, the bike is solid and durable...Great bike for a beginner and good price. I picked this up for 500 bux.

Enjoy...

Show us your Jamis!-img_20130731_183326.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

2007 Jamis Diablo Before and After

Show us your Jamis!-img_20130815_144514-1-.jpgShow us your Jamis!-img_20130904_082854.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Need 2007 jamis Diablo rear lower left swingarm. want a spare please

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    So how many frames does one replace before they move on or stay w/Jamis? I've had a 2012 Dakar 650b comp for just about a year now and I am going on my 3rd frame, one broke by the top tube/seat post and one broke right through the weld in the rear triangle/chain stay just in front of the rear through axle. My dealer has been great and Jamis has been as well in replacing the broken frame parts, I love the bike and the performance on the trail but it does not exactly inspire confidence knowing that it's only a matter of time before the next issue? Do I push for a 2013/2014 replacement, does it matter ?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Well, I'd keep hammering away on the new frame parts and if it does break again definitely push hard for a 2013 or 2014 frame. 2013 the frames rear triangle was strengthened yet again I believe with stronger chain stays. Maybe other stuff also, not sure. You say the dealer and Jamis have both been great so go with it.....why.....re-sale is not good IMO. I had a mint condition 2011 Dakar 650 B2 (top of the line) which had maybe 250-300 miles on it, XO everything, dropper post, a brand new upgraded warranty replacement shock from Sram, original wheels/tires which hardly saw dirt (I have custom built 650b wheels I used). It was a ***** to sell and and I felt it was really worth more than what I got for it considering the condition and component specs on that thing. So that's my rant for the day.

Let me ask, do you get full travel from the rear shock? Really check this out as I believe that Jamis's spec on the shock is wrong (pretty sure it's a MM if you have the Monarch) I weigh 185lbs geared up and no matter what I did (including lowering the internal IFP pressure) or what sag I ran the shock would not get full travel. I read a review of the bike where the tester had the same issue even 3' jumps to flat. After much *****ing to Jamis, Sram replaced and upgraded the shock from an RT to a RT3 with a lighter dampening. I sold the bike before getting any serious rides in but initial feeling was it was much better.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post

Let me ask, do you get full travel from the rear shock? Really check this out as I believe that Jamis's spec on the shock is wrong (pretty sure it's a MM if you have the Monarch) I weigh 185lbs geared up and no matter what I did (including lowering the internal IFP pressure) or what sag I ran the shock would not get full travel. I read a review of the bike where the tester had the same issue even 3' jumps to flat. After much *****ing to Jamis, Sram replaced and upgraded the shock from an RT to a RT3 with a lighter dampening. I sold the bike before getting any serious rides in but initial feeling was it was much better.
    I feel like I am getting full stroke out of the shock but now that you mention I will pay closer attention, make no mistake about it I am a heavy rider just getting back into the sport after 5 years, so I am prob at 225lbs, down 30 from when the season started, 650B to me is like going from straight ski's to shaped ski's back in the day, a huge improvement and I love riding this bike but options are limited without dropping another $2k to get into something else or strip this bike down and buy another frame set, right now I have comp components and a pro frame as when I broke my first one they replaced it with a pro, replaced and rebuilt in 7 days....not too shabby so going the route of stripping it down, buying a frame, building another bike, I dunno, does it make sense ? Thoughts ?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Didn't want to come right out and ask your weight but since you shared that shock might be just fine for you. Make a note of where the o-ring ends up on the shock shaft with all the air out of the shock and bottomed out hard. Then ride at your normal setting pressure and keep an eye on it and see what you get. IMO, it should bottom out every so often.

You said you like the bike. As long as your dealer and Jamis keep coming through on warranty issues just ride the snot out of it until you can't hold off the urge for an upgrade. In the mean time demo as many bikes as you can. LOTS of sweet new 650b bikes out there now with more coming.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Yeah....I fully expected to bottom it out at my weight but has not happened yet, now the xfusion, I'm having a love hate relationship with that fork, seems to have its good days and bad days but it gets the job done. Had a lot of clicking and creaking out of the stanchions but that was fixed with a little loctite green.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    You might be able to have X-Fusion warranty the fork (jeez, another warranty for you). Fox has had to do TONS of warranties on their forks because of that exact same problem. You get a rebuild/oil change all at the same time. Worth a shot if you feel like it.

Pretty sure there is a much stronger wicking Loctite available than the green stuff.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingforowls View Post
    So how many frames does one replace before they move on or stay w/Jamis? I've had a 2012 Dakar 650b comp for just about a year now and I am going on my 3rd frame, one broke by the top tube/seat post and one broke right through the weld in the rear triangle/chain stay just in front of the rear through axle. My dealer has been great and Jamis has been as well in replacing the broken frame parts, I love the bike and the performance on the trail but it does not exactly inspire confidence knowing that it's only a matter of time before the next issue? Do I push for a 2013/2014 replacement, does it matter ?
    So I am now on my 3rd frame in a year this time I am getting a 2011 White Dakar frame to replace my 2nd 2012 frame that cracked. Can't say that I'm too happy about the most recent replacement as in real life I'd never buy a white frame, so to sum it all up, 2012 Black Dakar 650b Comp, replaced with 2012 Dakar 650b pro, now replaced with 2011 650b pro, not happy about going back a model year at all but I'm just too tired to put up a fight I want to ride and start looking at frames to replace this one. Sorry Jamis I'm done.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    So I am now on my 3rd frame in a year this time I am getting a 2011 White Dakar frame to replace my 2nd 2012 frame that cracked. Can't say that I'm too happy about the most recent replacement as in real life I'd never buy a white frame, so to sum it all up, 2012 Black Dakar 650b Comp, replaced with 2012 Dakar 650b pro, now replaced with 2011 650b pro, not happy about going back a model year at all but I'm just too tired to put up a fight I want to ride and start looking at frames to replace this one. Sorry Jamis I'm done.
    Hey, I had the 2011 Dakar B2 and it's really a pearl white, not white white. Nice looking frame IMO but if your not a white fan in general it stinks. That being said I'd be bullsh*it at Jamis also. After breaking these frames why would they not give you the stronger 2013 frame (or a 2014 if no 13's were available)? I would have gone ballistic going backwards a year and a color I didn't want but that's me. When my sons 08 Hi Fi cracked a chain stay in 2012 Trek replaced it with a much nicer 2012 Fuel EX9 frame which I then sold for as much as I paid for the original bike (son got a new different bike). I would try talking to the dealer again or getting hold of the Jamis rep for the area and almost demand a 2013 frame.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by corivus View Post
    Its older, picked it up off CL no cracks but a few scuffs first build from scratch!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l19ImEx.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	805507

Name:	9ILeVo3.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	805508
    I'm new here but after seeing this post, thought make a quick introduction with that same frame built out.
    After cracking my 98 frame, Jamis replaced *most* of the frame with what I think is a 97 frame (see the yellow for what they left of the old frame).
    Since I don't really do much trail riding anymore, I decided to make it more road friendly. Just put my old KORE Elite stem back on, Azonic flat pedals and some slicks (last night) and it rides great! Still need to replace the seatpost and then *should* be done.
    Show us your Jamis!-jamis.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Dragon Sport...my first 29er, my first Jamis.

Show us your Jamis!-20131021_182618.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Jamis my diablo is falling apart

Name:  crack.jpg
Views: 1411
Size:  7.6 KBName:  crack3.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  9.8 KBShow us your Jamis!-img034.jpgShow us your Jamis!-img_20130904_082727.jpgSo far I've broke one seat down tube at weld and i broke the upper swing arms and chainstay completely off. I love this bike but come on man up you built something that is shitty stand behind it please. Chainstay was $100 and its been over a week since i ordered it and still not here must be making it from scratch.Name:  p2pb10205646.jpg
Views: 1356
Size:  21.6 KB

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

teh dragon

Show us your Jamis!-img_8369ed.jpgShow us your Jamis!-img_8230ed.jpg
    Last edited by nimm_zwei; 12-16-2013 at 02:59 PM.

mtbr member

Currently stock except for the saddle and pedals. Planning on a new front tire (something better in loose stuff than the AKA) but we'll keep the AKA in the rear. Going to convert to tubeless. Then it will be a dropper. Maybe a new handlebar.

After that I am going to go 1x. Had been thinking of going 1x10 with the Leonardo cogs and a 30t narrow wide chainring but now might just keep everything as is, make a bashring sandwich and just strip off the front shifters and fd. .
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    figure I should show this off here too, I believe the year for the frame is 1995 and I bought it as frame only off of ebay. Fork was off a junked trek set out by a bikeshop, eno eccentric rear hub and The Javva hub on the front. planning on racing it very hard come spring and xc season.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Here is my 2013 Dragon 29er. This bike has a lot of firsts for me.. 29er, Steel, Air fork, Hydro disk brakes! So far I am loving this bike! The steel frame rides awesome and smooth. It is stock for now accept redline magnesium flats. I plan on getting a WTB pure V saddle and cannot wait to put miles and miles on it in the trails! I am coming from an 04 Cannondale F400 which I really liked a lot but wanted to update and try a 29er.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by nimm_zwei View Post

Name:	IMG_8369ed.JPG 
Views:	221 
Size:	199.3 KB 
ID:	854664Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8230ed.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	855324
    very sweet ride....
    SWING YOUR LEG OVER IT AND PEDAL

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    My '09 small Jamis XTC. Attachment 861844

Attachment 861845

However, I have to part with it so if anyone wants a great deal...
    Small 2009 Jamis Dakar XCT 2.0 with new X Fusion fork - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

XCT1 by terrasmak

My bike set up for commuting, will be back up and running shortly, just in time for better weather I HOPE

I hope to replace it shortly with a new Jamis AMT 650b

mtbr member

Love this bike, but i had to ditch the pot metal stock pedals.

zaiceoperator
    Dec 2011
    Show us your Jamis!-tumblr_n0a3lnc7011stnkzko1_1280.jpg

My old guy Trail X2 2008, named J. Made him singlespeed, the fork became rigid by itself because of rust.
    Pic taken today, there was −21 C outside.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

2009 Jamis Dakar XC still in progress

This bike is still in progress, but so far this bike is still quite heavy if I would like some comfort on a long ride. I have to keep the rear shock, since I'm on the heavy side (225 w/o gears). As pictured, this bike weighs 33 lbs. If I removed pedals, change to lighter grips, and take off seat cushion, then this bike will weigh 31.5lbs. Oh and it's 19" size.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Jamis!-reduction.jpg  

mtbr member

Traded the 2012 sport for the 2012 comp. No complaints here

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Mtn View, CA
    cross post from the cyclocross forum:

Finished this build recently using a lot of parts from my old roadbike and an eBay frame/fork. Picture from the second ride on it. Still fine tuning it. Brakes need some adjusting. After I get comfortable on it I'll eliminate some headset spacers. Handles pretty well on the dirt. Frame looks big for me but I'm all upper body with short legs. If I went a size smaller the top tube length is too short. If anything I'd like it a little longer. Oh, how I wish my legs were a couple inches longer.

NOS '07 Jamis Supernova frame
    Easton EC90x fork
    Easton EA70 stem
    Control Tech Razor bars
    Ritchey seatpost
    Selle Italia Flite saddle
    Tektro 926 mini-v brakes
    Shimano 600 STI levers
    Shimano 600 cranks 39t and BBG bash guard
    Shimano 600 rear derailleur
    11-28 8spd cassette
    Custom chain guide (see other thread)
    M520 pedals
    Vintage American Classic hubs w/Mavic Reflex rims
    Michelin Mud 2

Attachment 869307

I made a custom chain guide because the boss for the derailleur pulley gets in the way of a JumpStop or 3rd Eye and a K-edge is expensive.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

mtbr member

Here it is after the upgrades. Tubeless with an Ardent in the front. New solo air cartridges on the Xc 32 Tk with remote lockout. Specialized 720mm handlebar. Oury grips. KS Supernatural seat post. Converted to 1x9 with bbg bashgaurd.

Might slacken the front by a degree and a half next.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    '13 D29

Show us your Jamis!-20140126_183402.jpg

'13 xct 650

Show us your Jamis!-2013-05-05_12-22-38_728.jpg

that i sold to buy this

'12 xcr 29

Show us your Jamis!-2013-07-16_12-46-51_871.jpg

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by ostncoln View Post
    '13 D29

Name:	20140126_183402.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	869914

'13 xct 650

Name:	2013-05-05_12-22-38_728.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	214.2 KB 
ID:	869915

that i sold to buy this

'12 xcr 29

Name:	2013-07-16_12-46-51_871.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	869917
    Nice. Is that Palo Duro after some rain?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmxa View Post
    Nice. Is that Palo Duro after some rain?

yeah. got rained on that day, but was nice

mtbr member

new greeps.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

mtbr member
    Question! How do you pronounce Jamis? "Jay-mus" or "jah-mus" lol

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Columbus, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakiexcharles View Post
    Question! How do you pronounce Jamis? "Jay-mus" or "jah-mus" lol

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    I believe it's the first one.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    My Dakar XC 2012

1x10
    XT front brakes, broke the orig Avids in a crash
    Highroller's 2.35 on MTX31s

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    2014 Dakar 650B, warranty replacement for my 2012, 3rd times a charm ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Jamis!-20140315_100550.jpg  

Columbus, GA
    2014 Dakar 650B, warranty replacement for my 2012, 3rd times a charm ?
    Dang, that's nice. Hope it works out for you.

mtbr member
    *duplicate*

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by macoyece View Post
    My Dakar XC 2012

1x10
    XT front brakes, broke the orig Avids in a crash
    Highroller's 2.35 on MTX31s
    Different fork too?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Different fork too?
    Nope. Just stock.
    Anyways, i've replaced the whole brakeset to a Deore 2014. its so much better than the Avids that it came with.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by macoyece View Post
    Nope. Just stock.
    Anyways, i've replaced the whole brakeset to a Deore 2014. its so much better than the Avids that it came with.
    Nice I just got a flox float 32 and bontranger duster tubeless front wheel from a buddy. I'm gonna mount a Kenda Nevegal front tire and go tubeless. Best bang for your buck bike I've seen so far.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

mtbr member
    Apr 2014

First day out on her...

Show us your Jamis!-dscn0281.jpg

Columbus, GA
    Nice! How is she?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmaster1029 View Post
    Nice! How is she?
    She rocks!
    Climbs better than I ever imagined - a little heavier than my previous rig (a Truth) but holds the momentum/inertia better uphill so to me the couple extra pounds wasn't noticeable. Descending is plush and almost effortless - I am cleaning things both uphill and downhill that I couldn't before.

I feel like I am "cheating" when riding this bike and after 2 days (about 4 hours each day), my confidence level is soaring - that might not be a good thing though!

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Nice I just got a flox float 32 and bontranger duster tubeless front wheel from a buddy. I'm gonna mount a Kenda Nevegal front tire and go tubeless. Best bang for your buck bike I've seen so far.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Awesome. Post a pic

mtbr member

So now officially it has..
    A Fox Float 32 front fork.
    Tubeless up front with a bontrager Duster and Kenda Nevegal
    Odi Vans Grips
    Azonic 420 pedals
    And saving up for a rear wheel to convert to presta/tubeless. Probably one of the Eastons on sale on Jenson. There was nothing wrong with the bike.. But I couldn't beat the price for the fork/wheel combo.

Also kind of digging the concept of a dropper seat post after racking myself a few times

Sent from my Galaxy S4

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Show us your Jamis!-photo.jpg

I just picked up my first REAL MTB and my first Jamis, Komodo
    I have only been able to ride it on the roads but it will get its first ride on the trails this weekend.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Dakar 2012
    What's different from stock:

1x10 tranny, MRP bash + N-gear Jump stop
    Synchros FL1.5 Hbar 700mm + Synchos grips
    Ritchey 70mm stem
    Attack Lite seatpost
    Formula Rotor
    Shimano Deore 2014 Brakeset
    SunRingle MTX 31 wheelset
    Maxxis HighRoller 2.35 front
    Geax AKA 2.2 rear

I'm on a climb towards a start of some 8km rocky descent

mtbr member
    My geax aka lost all the tread down the middle in the back!

Sent from my Galaxy S4

mtbr member

Just threw an Easton Vice wheel with a tubeless Kenda Slant Six on the back. A dropper post would be cool, but I'm just going to enjoy it now.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    2010 Jamis Dakar XAM 2.0

Frame & Fork Frame:
    Frame Tubing Material: 7005 aluminum
    Fork: Fox 36 Talas-RC2 with FIT damper, 100/130/160mm travel
    Rear Shock: Fox RP23 XV, 150mm

Components:
    Brakeset: Avid Elixer CR w/185mm rotor front/Avid Elixer CR w/160mm rotor rear brakes, Avid Elixer CR w/Matchmaker levers
    Shift Levers: SRAM X.0 Trigger
    Front Derailleur: TruVativ Hammerschmidt, Internal Transmission Crank
    Rear Derailleur: SRAM X.0 short cage
    Crankset: TruVativ Hammerschmidt w/ TruVativ Bash Guard
    Pedals: Shimano XT
    Bottom Bracket: TruVativ Hammerschmidt Integrated
    Rear Cogs: 9-speed, 11 - 34 teeth
    Chain: SRAM PC-971 with Power Link
    Seatpost: RockShox Reverb, 31.6mm diameter
    Saddle: Syncros FL
    Handlebar: Race Face Atlas 35mm
    Handlebar Stem: Race Face Atlas 50mm
    Headset: 1 1/8" threadless Syncros Hardcore

Wheels:
    Hubs: Front: Syncros FR 20mm Thru-Axle, Rear: Syncros FR disc
    Rims: Mavic XM317 disc, 32-hole
    Tires: 26 x 2.3" Kenda Nevagal

She's for sale too! So if you're in the market for a bullet proof AM rig message me or look for an ad in the classified section soon.

*Disclaimer* The seatpost pictured is the Crank Bros. Joplin which I replaced with the RockShox and the pedals are Crank Bros. Candy which I have since replaced with Shimano XTs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Jamis!-64250_528749460491038_700447464_n.jpg  

Just Ride!
    My 12 year old Coda resurrected for gravel duties.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fat Hobbit View Post

Name:	DSCN0281.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	884089
    Color me radically jealous. Palmer Park...my favoritist place in the world to ride. Unfortunately now 800 miles to my West.

I have a video of me riding that wall almost all the way around the lookout. Sketchy.
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Nemesis 650 Sport

My entry level MTB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Jamis!-nemesis-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

05 XLT meet Capt Ahab. Capt Ahab, 05' XLT

05' XLT: Primary bike for the past 8 years. Old Pike with fresh rebuild and lots of other parts I've had laying around over the years. New parts include narrow-wide chain ring (30t).

I rode Capt Ahab a few weeks ago, of course, my old XLT did great at a cost that's less than most forks do currently. Will buy something new(ish) once she breaks but she just won't break.

Show us your Jamis!-img_20140518_101442585.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2014
    09 Jamis Dakar XC I think. Picked it up from a guy at work for $250 and gave this sport a try. I love it and am addicted. The bike was awsome for the first nine or so rides and then the rear triangle snaped. Any tips on what do in order to get back on the trails for reletivly cheap would be great.

Thanks all
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Jamis!-photo-10-.jpg  

Show us your Jamis!-img_1988.jpg  

mtbr member
    Extra Small Dragon
    Jamis Dragon by imalwaysriding, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Xam

Not the best picture, but here's my 2010 XAM built up from a frame I got as a warranty replacement on a craked XCT.

Fork: RS Domain 318 180cm. I swear the XAM was designed for a 7" fork! It slacks the head angle to about 66.5 degrees, and seems to fit the purpose of this frame perfectly. Coil plushness and amazing stiffness. A heavy but very underrated fork.
    Shock: Fox RP 23
    Wheels: Formula hubs, 20mm front and 12x135 rear, laced to Mavic EX721 (f) and WTB i23 (r)
    Tires: Nevegal 2.5 stick-e (f) and Minion DHF 2.35 (r)
    Bars: CB something. 780mm
    Stem. Hussefelt 50mm
    Seatpost: KS eTen
    Saddle: WTB with chromoly rails (I learned my lesson with light saddles)
    Brakes: SLX with 8" rotors front and back
    Crank: SLX 2x9 w/ BBG bashguard
    Derailleurs: Front: Deore (the only remaining part from my original XCT) and Rear: Sram X9
    Shifter: Sram X9
    Pedals: Shimano SLX trail

This bike climbs better than any 37lb beast deserves to, and I ride if on anything from long AM (Enduro?) days to lift-served bike park. It holds it's own on hucks and XC loops, too. Not light, but incredibly responsive, super capable, and frickin' tough. I weigh 200lbs, and I've build it to handle my not-so-light touch and my love of fast techy descents. It's a perfect bike for the kind of riding I do.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

dwt
    mtbr member

Show us your Jamis!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalinejoe View Post
    09 Jamis Dakar XC I think. Picked it up from a guy at work for $250 and gave this sport a try. I love it and am addicted. The bike was awsome for the first nine or so rides and then the rear triangle snaped. Any tips on what do in order to get back on the trails for reletivly cheap would be great.

Thanks all
    It's toast. Try Jamis tech support about new rear triangle or even new frame
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

Heavy Metal
    Feb 2004

2007 Durango 1.0

2007 Durango 1.0

Show us your Jamis!-jamis-durango-1.0-mountain-bike-frame-up.jpg

I'll have it finished Friday and I'll post more pics.

mtbr member
    2013 XCT Comp 19". Stock except for front rim has been replaced with a Sun Inferno 25 because the one it came with decided to take a shape other the round and true.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Jamis!-xct.jpg  

Such a long long time to be gone, such a short time to be.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle509 View Post
    Extra Small Dragon
    Jamis Dragon by imalwaysriding, on Flickr
    I am jealous! This is what I am saving up for. I could get a 12, but I like the changes on the 2014, so this is what I will get. I rode this on a Jamis demo, I really like ho it rides.

mtbr member
    Anyone looking for an alloy rear triangle for a 2011 or 2012 Jamis Dakar XCT?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    race mode

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast