Thread: sheared bolts

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

sheared bolts

In January 2012 I was in need of a new bike. After deciding that I really couldn't afford what I thought I really wanted I bought a leftover 2010 650b1. I ended up being very happy with the bike untill Friday. About a month ago I landed a trail jump a little hard and heard a pop. I checked things out and found nothing so I laid it off on chain slap. Friday I was riding and hit a small jump that I landed smoothly and I heard the noise again, but this time it was obvious what it was. The bolts at the top of the linkage had sheared off. I couldn't find a number for Jamis so I filled out the Email form on the website. Hopefully it will all be resolved in a few days. Has this happened to anyone else?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yesterday the bolts that attach the swing arm to the bottom bracken popped out and jammed into my chainring. Of course I coulnd't pedal the bike after that. I doubt warranty will fix mine. It is a 2006 Dakar XC Comp.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    You should check. I my case Jamis seemed very interested in getting my bike fixed and shipped the replacement parts to the shop I went through free of charge.