mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Rubber Spacers on Shock Hardware

Any of you fellas (or ladies) know of an easy place to find the rubber washers/spacers that are used in the 2009 Dakar XCT rear shock mounting setup? They're used with the stock rock shox Bar setup. 12mm ID, 14mm OD, 1.5mm thick. No luck with Mcmaster or Grainger. Not a stock part at the LBS. Waiting on a response from Jenson right now as to whether they stock the parts.

It'd be great to hear if someone has used like a hose gasket or oil plug gasket and found that to be functional.

By the way, if you're having a creak that occurs when you pedal or when small movement happens in the rear wheel, a missing spacer might be the cause.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Well, I've opened up the ID on some big teflon washers and stacked enough to make up the thickness of the rubber spacer that originally came with the bike. The creak is gone. I'll let you guys know about the longetivity of it and we'll see if there's any negative impace on other components. I'd imagine the remaining rubber bit will degrade faster now that it's doing the compressive work of two bits. Since there's a bias on the shock mount, I stuck the teflon washers to the side that's seeing a higher load. I expect them to wear a bit better than the rubber. Looks like this isn't too common an issue, based on responses.