mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Rear triangle for '09 Jamis XCT 3.0

Hello all. I have read about the failures, but until now didn't think they could happen to me. I was riding my local single track when all of the sudden I heard a creaking noise and my tire started rubbing on the upper linkage. My rear triangle had snapped in the middle of the top linkage on the inside of the front triangle and sheared the left bolt right off.

I really, really love my Jamis. So, my question is... Can I buy just the new linkage from Jamis for that old of a model, or am I totally out of luck? I am the second owner, sadly.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Yochatman,

Your local Jamis Dealer can order you a replacement stay that will work for you bike.
    "Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    So that top part can be ordered by itself? That's really great to hear. Hopefully it won't break my bank too badly... But regardless, that makes me very happy. I do love my Jamis.

As a side note... When it broke, I took off my rear caliper and had to walk it about 3 miles out. A guy riding a Wal Mart Full Suspension Mongoose rode past me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    There is an ad for a 2009 Jamis Dakar XCT 2.0 with a new fork, push-serviced shock, and carbon handlebars... Might be a substantial upgrade.

Jamis Dakar XCT 2.0 with X Fusion Velvet Fork - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories