mtbr member

Problems with Dakar XCR Expert paint

I just got a new Jamis Dakar XCR Expert, Love it, it rides amazing, but there seems to be a problem with the paint chipping, and chipping REALLy easy, could be its a new bike so i notice it more, but i am starting to think not. Anyone else had this problem?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I don't think you are the only one. My Jamis' paint seems to come off in big flakes pretty easily. Where my rear disc caliper bolts on, the paint is just falling off. And the paint comes off the dropouts where the rear wheel goes much more than any other bike I have had so much so that my rear wheel started sliding out of the dropouts on the loose paint. Now that the paint is gone I don't have that problem any more though. It may be that they actually paint their frames instead of powdercoating which is much more durable.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    I realize that after a while you won't have the problem, but my bike is four days old. That's what I have a problem with. And the fact that the paint shouldn't fall off of a 2500 dollar bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Same thing on my '07 Dragon Team's paint...

mtbr member

jamis paint jobs weak sauce

Jamis paint jobs are there weak link. I have issues with it on my xcr pro from last year. 4200 last year. That said it really just means it is not a pretty but it still is just as great a bike.