mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Parker w/ monarch - problems

Hey guys, im kind of a noob to all of this but...recently, the RS bar on my parker blew up, so I bought a monarch for it. However, I am running into problems, and before i run out to home depot to get random bolts/nuts to try to jerry rig the monarch on there, I was curious if anyone else had run into any problems? The inner diameter of the monarch mounting hardware is too small for the frame. Any ideas? Will the monarch even work for this frame?

BTW, the mounting hardware from the bar does not work with the monarch...

Heres a pic...the inner diameter should be flush with the frame's inner diameter...right?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Parker w/ monarch - problems-dsc00245.jpg  

Last edited by mrniceguy42; 03-28-2011 at 11:42 AM.

usually cranky
    the od of the shock hardware shout be pretty close to the id of the link. i cant tell what that picture is of. can you get better ones?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    is the monarch a bolt and sleeve(reducer) style like the bar is?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Also Im not sure if it is the same case but I run a Fox Van R and I simply called fox and asked them what I needed for hardware...

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks guys, I actually just emailed jamis and they are sending me some hardware for free...now thats some customer service! When I ordered it, I thought i measured the ID at 8mm, but it is actually 10mm...