Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Parker + Monarch success! + Jamis CS

2K views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  mrniceguy42 
#1 ·
Not long ago, I had posted that I needed help finding the right hardware to mount my new monarch. I couldn't find it online (its 10mm x 22mm, all I could find was 8mm x 22mm) so I emailed Jamis on Monday. Nick Z had replied on thursday asking me for my address to send the parts at no charge. And today (saturday), I have received them and mounted the monarch up!

While I have not owned a lot of bikes and had to deal with CS, Jamis customer service is top notch! Once the parker craps out, I will definitely be buying another Jamis for my next bike after my extremely positive experience with Nick at Jamis.

I am soo friggin pumped right now! Thanks Nick!

P.S. I need every last one of those headset spacers

Some pics...

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
So I just switched my shocks and put the monarch on the Parker. I had to flip it upside down to get it to fit( air valve was hitting the frame). I love it already. I dont like the platform feel that propedal gives you with the fox shock. This is gone with the monarch, And even better, the low tune fox shock with the higher leverage ratio of my Teocali make the switch a win win! Cant wait to get out on the trail with it!

#5 ·
Yeah, I havent tried the float on the parker (mine came with the bar), but the monarch is awesome. I had often considered getting a new frame this season (4" is kinda not enough for my riding style), however, the monarch has made a world of difference, and I am keeping it! I am actually running the 8 x 2 monarch (stock is 7.875 x 2?) at 20% sag and it is money. Totally transformed the bike!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.