Thread: Parker 2

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Parker 2

I'm looking for a new bike around 1,500 dollars and found the parker 2. I would use the bike for freeride a little downhill, dirt jumping and casual or trail riding. I'm about 5 foot 8 inches and 115 pounds. would this be a good bike for me, or should I get something with a little more travel.

mtbr member
    I haven't ridden the bike, but what you're describing is what the Parker was made for. I'm thinking of getting one for my brother so he can ride with me.

I think if you could only have one bike, and you want to do some aggressive stuff along with trail riding this would be a good choice and the price is great for the spec. For $1600 you get an entire bike at the cost most companies would charge for just the frame.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Could the shock also be upgraded to a fox or rock shox coil shock.

mtbr member
    Yes you should be able to. Just get a shock with the same eye-to-eye. If it's a fox it should mount right up. Rock Shox may have a different size eylet than fox (my RS air shock did), and it would require buying a mounting kit if so.

Calculate the spring you'll need to order by going here:
    http://www.tftunedshox.com/springcalc.htm

It only has 100mm travel in the rear, so I would probably just leave the air shock on it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I read somewhere, I think it was one of skip's posts, that they tried different shocks in the Parker and always came back to the Float as it just worked so well with the bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Parker 2.0 Shock

Quote Originally Posted by jaseh
    I read somewhere, I think it was one of skip's posts, that they tried different shocks in the Parker and always came back to the Float as it just worked so well with the bike.

I have a Parker 3.0 and the shock is dialed in. I would ride it stock. It pedals AWESOME!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rvanderveur
    I have a Parker 3.0 and the shock is dialed in. I would ride it stock. It pedals AWESOME!
    nice it sounds like its a great bike for the price.I think I'll buy it once I get the money.