Thread: New XC pro

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

New XC pro

Well i got my 06 XC Pro Frame last night. I am really liking it. I liked my 05 sport but since I broke my arms on it new day after I bought it i thought maybe there is some bad energy between my bike and I.
    I am in the process of moving all my parts over right now it will be:
    '06 Dakar XC Pro Frame
    Manitou Minute 1:00 Fork
    SRAM X7 rear der.
    X7 triggers
    Xgen FR. der.
    Avid Juicy 3 Hyd. Disc
    XT Crankset w/ XT outboard bearing BB
    Mavic CrossRide Wheelset
    Kenda Nevegal tires
    MAXM carbon seatpost
    MAXM stem
    TruVativ Hussfelt bars
    WTB SpeedV saddle

I will have some pics of it later today probably.

One Gear
    I bought the same frame 3 months ago and love it!! Very similar build. It's sitting on the back of my truck waiting to ride this afternoon. Build it up and tear it up!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    yeah i got it finished today. I haven't had a chance to ride on the trails yet.. just around town hitting the occasional curb and such. i really like the rp3 shock as opposed to the float that was on my dakar sport. plus the carbon goodies just add enough of the bling factor to make me like riding it, more-so than the sport which wasn't really the bike i should have had to begin with. I like XC trails and am trying to get into racing a little more. I thnk this XC Pro setup will be more than adequate for that

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Congrats!

Have you sold the other frame yet? What kinda price are ya thinkin?

Jenson is blowing them out for $255...I was considering those.

BTW...do you have pic's of the new ride?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    yeah im getting rid of the frame I got a KICK A$$ deal on getting rid of it. The shop that i get most of my stuff from is going to trade me a Specialized Hardrock Sport Womens model for the sport frame... I promised my Girlfriend a new bike to get her off the redline flight AL SingleSpeed, so this is gonna be great for me!
    Pics coming ASAP

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Well here she is!

One Gear
    Oooh the carbon fiber looks so nice when it's clean. I hope you're out riding it. Climbing is just all kinds of fun on that bike!!

BTW- Check the rear der. hanger. Mine came loose after a couple of rides and gave me a fit with my shifters. I might go back and put some blue loctite on it.

Have fun with it!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    funny you mentioned the hanger... when i was going over the frame i just happened to put a wrench to it and, yep, it was loose...

mtbr member
    What size frame is that? I'm debating the same frame, but don't know if I should look at the 17 or the 19. Also, any thoughts on flex issues with the CF seatstays? As a clyde, I'm a little hesitant to go CF back there...

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    It is the 17" . I'm 5'9" and I had a 19" dakar sport and it was too big . As far as the carbon I really like it. I am 205 lbs. and with the full propedal turned on the shock this thing is a mt. goat.