Thread: New XAM1.0

ay Diablo!
    I've been want to hear a ride report on the XAM. Sound sweet, and the price.... even better. Glad to hear you like.
    Bunk
    "You know me, I'm too lazy to carry a grudge". Sid the Sloth

Carnaval Dominicano
    http://carnaval.com.do/

oldschool

New XAM1.0

After years on a steel hardtail decided it was time for a all-mountain full suspension. Came across the XAM1.0 at a LBS and could not belive the price. Less than 2grand out the door with a good build spec. Have had it 2 weeks now and have put about 60 miles on a mix of trails form rocky technical to flowing singletrac (all in northern Arizona). Have to say Jamis has a winner here. Bike climbs pretty good, maybe not as good as my hardtail but at 7000ft Im huffing and puffing anyway. Coming down its a rocket. I am really impressed with how well this bike turns. It can carve singletrac great. settings for me (5'11"
    and 180lbs) are front 80lbs air and 6 clicks out rebound on FOX float RL. Rear sag at 180lbs, compresion on resivoir 140lbs, rebound 6 clicks out on FOX 3.0 air. Only problem so far is a creak in the bottom bracket that should be fixed when I take it in to get everything adjusted after break-in. Read about some problems with brakes on the 2.0, this bike has the hayes nine brakes and so far are working fine. About the only upgrade Im thinking about right now is a lighter set of wheels and tires. I think that could make this bike come alive on climbs. Big thumbs up to jamis on this bike
    Steel Fanatic
    Marin Pine Mountain
    Surly Crosscheck
    Landshark Roadshark
    Jams XAM1.0

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Congrat's, I have one too, love the bike. just make sure you take the brake line out of the last cradle on the top tube near the seat tube. If you don't it will fold the brake line.

mtbr member
    Glad to hear the good review , I got one too right after the new year but haven't really got on it yet - still too snowy and soggy hear in eastern PA Will post a ride report hopefully in the next few weeks!
    without hops the world stops