mtbr member
    Oct 2009

New(vintage) Jamis, what year is this thing???

Just picked this up today.
    Can't figure out what year it is though.
    Has XT front and Rear Der, Avid SD 2.0 Brakes, Noleen Rear Shock, and a Manitou Axel Front. Mavic 220 Wheels with XT hubs. Hyperlite Bars, White Bros. Crank, and original grip shifters.
    Bike is in excellent mechanical shape with just a few scratches. Also can anyone tell me what this may be worth should I list it for sale soon??? I will ask on VRC, but thought a Jamis expert may also know...
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New(vintage) Jamis, what year is this thing???-triathlon-019.jpg  

New(vintage) Jamis, what year is this thing???-triathlon-020.jpg  

New(vintage) Jamis, what year is this thing???-triathlon-021.jpg  

New(vintage) Jamis, what year is this thing???-triathlon-022.jpg  

Australia = phun
    Sep 2010
    That is a sweet Jamis. I'm guessing it is not that old, because it doesn't have the horst link. I'm guessing a 1998+-

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    It is a 1998 with upgraded fork and brakes.
    "Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hmmm, I was told it was a 96 over on VRC thread and worth about $200.00, I saw a pic of another 96 as well and they looked to be identical. Maybe someone over there was wrong???
    I did also check it out on Bikepedia and the specs are identical to the 96 listed, with the exception of the XT Brakes and the Manitou front Fork.
    Not to mention I checked and all of the 98's were two tone (Different frame and swingarm colors) except for the Pro, which is Ball Burnished...
    Whatever year it was, it was still in amazing condition for its age, and it sold less than an hour after I put it on my local CL...

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    You know what it is a 96 the catalog stamp is so blurry the 6 looks like an 8
    "Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."