mtbr member
    Apr 2005

New PARKER 3.0!!!

Hey,

Here are a couple shots of my new Parker 3.0. There's one shot with the fork set at 115mm and the other pic's at 160mm so you can see the difference.
    I only rode the bike around the block to dial in the sag and stuff. So far the chassis feels stiff and quick yet the suspension is plush and pedals like mad. I'll post a report after I get it in the dirt tomorrow.

RVV
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Looks like it would make a mean 4X bike in the 115mm setting. I like.......a lot

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    That bike looks like it would be super low if it had 100mm forks on it like jordie lunn uses.
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Sweet bike! Have you gotten in any more ride time since your original post? I'm really excited about the 08 Jamis line. I'm in the market for a new bike (I currently ride an '04 XLT) and want to give the Jamis bikes a good look. Problem is, my dealer doesn't have any '08s in yet. I was just wondering if you had a chance to try out the BAM and XAM and how they compared to the Parker. I know the differences on paper, but I want to hear about some real world, on the trail comparisons. Thanks, and enjoy the bike.

the goose is loose!
    sweet bike there. looks a lot like the xlt. except beefcaked. looks fun.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    The Parker is a BLAST!! I'm using it for Urban Assault/Park Bike/Bike I grab to just have fun. This is the bike you want to have when you want to test your skill. To say the Parker is confidence inspiring is and understatement! This bike want's me to cash checks my body can't write. If you get what I mean. With that said, comparing Parker to XAM/BAM. Well, XAM is more trail bike than Parker in terms of cross country riding. So if your buddies are heading out for an 2 hr XC ride I would ride an XCR/XAM. Heading out for fun and Hacking around, Parker. Parker and BAM, This is interesting because, I would ride the Parker at Diablo and have a blast!! Possibly put some 2.5's on it. Yes, the BAM would take the big stuff better, but I will be doing some "light" free riding on the Parker. And of course, jump trails like Dominion are what the Parker is all about, Or Slopestyle, Or, Dual Or 4 X. You get the picture, Very versatile. Overall, for me, I'm going to be putting a lot of time on this bike simply because it makes me smile.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    How sweet are these bikes, just got a Parker 1 in for the shop and took it for a spin on the streets. Fun bike, and pedals surprisingly well.

I heart bikes
    Jan 2004
    been riding a demo parker 2 for a few weeks. Awesome bike! I have been riding at the local dirt jumps, mountain cross course, urban riding, and the big wooden kicker in my backyard, the suspension is nice and progressive. good geometry. the adjustable travel fork makes this bike really versatile. great bike for just screwing around.
    [SIZE=4]www.suckcreek.com[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    man nice bike how does it handle dh and drops??? i was thinking of getting one would it all round me if i was to do dh, fr, jumps, xc, trail, street and riding to all the tracks

wb

cheers

bazza

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    what are the letdowns and bad areas of riding for this bike??

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Handles drops just fine. I've done some 4 and 5 footers and I weigh 225lbs. It is a great short travel FR bike. Killer park, jump, slopestyle, urban bike. It dose XC fairly well. The geometry is more for the park type stuff but is can do xc.

Peace Coast Style
    Can I ask you what size the frame is? And how big are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    Ever slip a pedal and slam into the seat? That little thing would disappear until I later got to the ER.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I am 6'0" and the frame size is 17"/Medium.

Peace Coast Style
    I think I'll be set on a Small since I'm gonna be doin alot of Slope Style type riding. Probably go with a Travel Limited Totem knocked down to 150 or 160mm. At what setting do you like your Lyrik at better and why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    Ever slip a pedal and slam into the seat? That little thing would disappear until I later got to the ER.

mtbr member
    what chain guide are you using?
    how do you like it?
    Quote Originally Posted by _dw
    To be blunt;

6) The Earth would begin to collapse into a black hole and it would make people sad.

Hip
    mtbr member
    WOW! Thats all I have to say!

mtnjmpr
    Feb 2008
    How well is the lyrik holding up? Also, does the fork become stiffer as you drop the travel?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnjmpr
    How well is the lyrik holding up? Also, does the fork become stiffer as you drop the travel?
    The fork is AWESOME!! Rock Shox has done a fabulous job on that thing. No it dose not get stiffer as you reduce the travel. I did put a firm spring in it due to my weight.
    Rvv

Live Free and Ride
    Dec 2006
    Are they out for the masses yet? I really wanna check 'em out as I'm in the market for a bike just like this. It's gonna either be this or a Bottlerocket and this seems to be much more in my price range. 2300 as opposed to over 3000 for the BR.
    JMan
    Ride to Live, Live to Ride
    www.jmansdirtloverparadise.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Parker

Quote Originally Posted by jman4201
    Are they out for the masses yet? I really wanna check 'em out as I'm in the market for a bike just like this. It's gonna either be this or a Bottlerocket and this seems to be much more in my price range. 2300 as opposed to over 3000 for the BR.

Yes! These bikes are at dealers now. Snag one, you won't be disappointed.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rvanderveur
    The fork is AWESOME!! Rock Shox has done a fabulous job on that thing.
    Right!

Quote Originally Posted by rvanderveur
    No it dose not get stiffer as you reduce the travel.
    Wrong! You might/not notice it, but according to the manual (and laws of physics) it does get stiffer when reducing travel.

Live Free and Ride
    Dec 2006
    Thanks, now I just need to go pester the LBS to get one in...before I see another Bottlerocket 'cause they're killer bikes as well!
    JMan
    Ride to Live, Live to Ride
    www.jmansdirtloverparadise.blogspot.com