usually cranky

this is a new one

the cs cracking near the dropout on the parker is well documented. but the other day my dad found that the metal around the pivot connected to the rocker had nearly split. ive never seen any bike fail there. hopefully jamis cs is quick.

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul
    the cs cracking near the dropout on the parker is well documented. but the other day my dad found that the metal around the pivot connected to the rocker had nearly split. ive never seen any bike fail there. hopefully jamis cs is quick.

Is this for a 2008?

mighty sailin' man
    pictures please?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    wheelies, beyond being the best way over any sort of obstacle, both above or below, are are the steedliest expresstion of joy

usually cranky
    mullen, it is an 08. mini, will try and post some in the morning. it is wild, i dont see how such a location can be stressed enough to fracture like it has.

usually cranky

usually cranky
    [IMG][/IMG]

usually cranky

usually cranky
    [IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

What?
    Finally got my bike. Cant wait to get a ride in on a trail...... to bad its going to rain the next 4 days.

mighty sailin' man
    b-kul I couldn't see that so I lifted it . that really sux
    this is a new one-0520011914.jpg

what's Jamis say about it?

usually cranky
    thanks man! my computer freaked out. im not sure what jamis said, doesnt really matter because my dad choose to buy a new transition bandit. mullen, sweet bike, its a really fun ride.

mighty sailin' man
    that'll fix it won't it !
    wheelies, beyond being the best way over any sort of obstacle, both above or below, are are the steedliest expresstion of joy

usually cranky
    lol yeah. i mean im sure jamis would have handled it great but my dad just decided to move on and try something new (plus he is friends with a transition rep so he is getting a pretty killer deal).

slap happy
    you still going to get a new frame under warranty? it's always good to have a 2nd bike...
    Consequences dictate our course of action and it doesn't matter what's right. It's only wrong if you get caught.

mighty sailin' man
    ^ +1 to that! wouldn't hurt to try

usually cranky
    i think so, that way i'll have my xam, my dad will have a bandit, and we will have the parker to loan out to anyone that wants to ride.

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    i think so, that way i'll have my xam, my dad will have a bandit, and we will have the parker to loan out to anyone that wants to ride.
    Keep up updated on what they do for you

usually cranky
    just wanted to post back here and give props where props are due. i have to say i was getting a little disheartened with jamis with the issues the parker has had and that i felt we were getting the run around by them. turns out jenson had a new cs guy that didnt really know what was up. but big props to the jamis rep on here, he saw the pictures i posted and contacted me. we got the situation resolved and long story short a new seat stay is coming my way. i think jamis handled it exceedingly well and for anyone on the fence about buying a jamis, do it! the take care of their customers very well. i would be buying a new xam when they come out but unfortunatly the specs dont really allign with what im looking for. no matter though, im still loving my 08 xam and am anticipating many many more fun miles on it.

mighty sailin' man
    that's good to hear!
    looks like you get a spare bike

What?
    That is great, and it makes me feel good about my decision to buy one.

slap happy
    everything i've read says Jamis's CS is top-notch, save for one report of someone getting treated poorly.
    for the price and the components, jamis is hard to beat.
    i've got a line on a 2011 Dakar Bam frame, so real soon now i'll be building my dh bike! can't wait!
    Consequences dictate our course of action and it doesn't matter what's right. It's only wrong if you get caught.