mtbr member
    Nov 2010

My Parker (Yawn...) #postvirgin

Yo, here is my parker...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Parker (Yawn...) #postvirgin-dsc00080.jpg  

My Parker (Yawn...) #postvirgin-dsc00081.jpg  

My Parker (Yawn...) #postvirgin-dsc00083.jpg  

My Parker (Yawn...) #postvirgin-dsc00085.jpg  

My Parker (Yawn...) #postvirgin-dsc00086.jpg  

Last edited by mrniceguy42; 01-31-2011 at 04:12 PM.

OSCMTB
    Holy headset spacers Batman!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    haha yeah, Im kinda tall, way too hunched without them

Australia = phun
    Sep 2010
    If you knew how jealous I am...

Good bike, man.

mtbr member
    what year is the parker and which model? im looking at a used 08 parker 1 and am trying to find out if its a decent bike
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2002 Raleigh Mountain Scout
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thats an 08 parker 1. Its a good bike, no doubt. Just have to watch the chainstays on the 08s.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I would buy a parker if you are a shorter rider (im 6' on the 18" frame and i have to run a bunch of spacers) and you dont mind the weight (my bike is around 36 lbs for a 4" bike). I have not run into any chainstay issues, however, i replace the linkage bushings every 10 rides or so as they crap out real quick. Ur gonna run into chainstay issues if ur casing big gaps, however, for all an all around bike, its a great cheap choice. I have jumped it, climbed on it, and DH'ed it, but i would definately thrown down on a nicer, longer travel frame, if u have the funds.

mtbr member
    im not planning any large jumps, and that was my main concern...the chainstays...my hardtail weighs 32 pounds...a jamis trail x2, so 36 for an fs doesnt seem like much for me...the guy who currently owns it bought it stock and upgraded almost everything on the original bike and wants 700 for it...although that seems high for a 3 yr old bike even with his upgrades, including: a Fox Vanilla rear shock, Rockshox Recon front fork with remote lockout, and a ton of other stuff that i dont remember of the top of my head
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    try to get him down on price, check it over carefully (esp linkages), i have not had a problem with the chainstays and i have beat my parker up pretty well (even cased a few 15' - 20' gaps). its really not a bad bike, but after owning it for a season, i want something new with a little more travel.

mtbr member
    he wanted 800 for it originally then took it down to 700, hes in college and i think is just trying to get as much as possible from selling it, especially since he seemed to have put alot of money into it, i would like to try to talk him down to 600 but idk, maybe if i walk in with 600 cash he would take it...im gonna look at the linkages definetely next time i see it and find out how much he rode the bike, and if he ever changed the bushings and all that
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    so far, my bearings have been fine, except for the upper seat stay linkage. Luckily, they are 608 size, so any skate bearing will work. I had some old swiss bearings that did the trick. Just like skates or a board, bearings get dirty and you have to clean them. I suppose with all the other stuff on a bike that needs to be cleaned its easily overlooked. not the end of the world though, they are just a real pain in the a ss to get out.

700 is too much, 600 sounds right for how his is set up.

mtbr member
    im gonna get the exact specs on it, so you can re-evaluate the 700 price, it seems like he put at least thatinto the bike...im a bit of a pushover @mrniceguy42 you were saying that your a bit tired of your parker, if your on the east coast how much would you take for it?
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman00
    so far, my bearings have been fine, except for the upper seat stay linkage. Luckily, they are 608 size, so any skate bearing will work. I had some old swiss bearings that did the trick. Just like skates or a board, bearings get dirty and you have to clean them. I suppose with all the other stuff on a bike that needs to be cleaned its easily overlooked. not the end of the world though, they are just a real pain in the a ss to get out.
    700 is too much, 600 sounds right for how his is set up.
    This is where mine crap out too (upper seat stay). they are 608's, however, you need to make sure that ur bearings are fully enclosed, i have gone through countless skate bearings, the balls just shoot right out after a ride or so. i have had better luck with bushings. They are a real pain in the ass to get out! especially without a bearing puller. i have dremeled into my seat stay so i can pop those babies out in about 2 secs.
    Quote Originally Posted by henry9419
    im gonna get the exact specs on it, so you can re-evaluate the 700 price, it seems like he put at least thatinto the bike...im a bit of a pushover @mrniceguy42 you were saying that your a bit tired of your parker, if your on the east coast how much would you take for it?
    If i were to sell it, id ask for prob no less than $800. Im in colo BTW, if i were to buy a bike, i wouldnt buy one from colorado, the terrain around here mangles bikes up fast. but good luck, i think ull enjoy the parker just to get ur feet wet with a full susp, but there are bigger and better things out there. good luck

mtbr member
    yeah so i went to buy it and it was sold...oh well, i think now im gonna build an 09 XAM I
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

Blunt Blazer
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by henry9419
    yeah so i went to buy it and it was sold...oh well, i think now im gonna build an 09 XAM I
    ya i bought a jamis dakar xam I 09 and love it. awesome bike..check out my shots parker and bam action shots- show em!