mtbr member
    Aug 2009

My first Jamis - Dakar XCR Sport

Hey guys,

I just bought my first Jamis Dakar XCR Sport 08 (something like $1090 shipped from Banana Bikes and excellent customer service to boot )

I'm coming from a Specialized Hard Rock which was a good starter bike for me. It had a super strong frame however the component group was pure crap- more like city commuting for females than actual mountain biking.

Questions: Is there anything I should know about problem areas on Jamis? I want this bike to last and would like to get into some racing on it (I tried a race on the HardRock...ha..ha..ha). Amazingly I'm very happy with the Tora 302 U-Turn Coil shocks minus some slight leakage, however I was coming from a SR-Suntour fork...ha.

The Shimano Hydros are night an day from cable brakes, and SO MUCH BETTER than all the Juicy 3's I tested out. Any feedback, input, educational learning opportunities are appreciated.

-M

Here's some eye candy for you.

usually cranky
    weakest link on that bike is probably the bar. upgraded mine and made my bike feel a million times better.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    What did you upgrade too? I'm new at FS so just having any shock there feels like heaven.