Thread: My first Jamis

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

My first Jamis

Just picked this up the other day. This is my first 29er, and my first Jamis.
    2010 Exile II
    I have ridden it once so far and absolutely love it. Are there any inherent issues I should look for, or possibly items I should upgrade first?
    I have installed a set of Carbon Bars, and a bashguard already, and have some lock-ons ordered, but that's it so far...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My first Jamis-jamis-012.jpg  

mtbr member
    That's a great looking bike
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Wow it is going to snow in July in PA, you finally got on the 29er wagon. I have only had one issue with my Dragon 29er and that was with the reba fork not locking out not a Jamis issue. And thats riding, Mt Penn, Camp Mack, Blue Marsh, French Creek, Swatara, Raystown, White Clay. Nice color also.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Well Jim, the price was totally right, and honestly, I bought this so my wife can also hit the trails. The low standover height and geometry is perfect for her, and with some minor tweaking, for me also. Win win situation I think. The handling is not nearly as quick as my 26" C-Dale RZ120, but it does roll faster and climb a bit better.

mtbr member
    Congrats on the bike, I wanted one, but got a Durango 29 instead, saving for an FS. The Exile II is a great bike off the rack, not sure what i'd change before riding it more other than your favoate set of pedals.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    OK, So now I have had this bike for just about 3 weeks, and really love it. So, I have now started my normal process of functionally blingy upgrades. I normally go too far with the bling, but on this one I decided to keep it a bit more simple...
    Upgrades include:Stan's ZTR Arch Rear Wheel with DT Swiss 240s Hub, Loaded Precision Carbon Rizer Bars, Loaded Precision Anodized Skewers, Salsa Seat Clamp, Red Anodized Headset Spacers and Cap. Lizard Skin Peaty Grips with Red Lock-ons, Prologo Vertigo Saddle, BBG Anodized Bashguard, and HT Magnesium Flats.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My first Jamis-models-sale-001.jpg  

My first Jamis-models-sale-002.jpg  

My first Jamis-models-sale-003.jpg  

My first Jamis-models-sale-004.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    So where have you been riding your/wife's hardtail. We should ride Swatara sometime or White clay in Delaware or even the dreaded Blue Marsh climb fest

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Ray View Post
    Just picked this up the other day. This is my first 29er, and my first Jamis.
    2010 Exile II
    I have ridden it once so far and absolutely love it. Are there any inherent issues I should look for, or possibly items I should upgrade first?
    I have installed a set of Carbon Bars, and a bashguard already, and have some lock-ons ordered, but that's it so far...
    Did you buy that bike at The Cycle Works in Wrightsville? I race for that shop and its been there and I thought about buying it one time. Great looking bike btw!
    Spinnin' & Grinnin'

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Factory Support Dealers?

Nice bike, for sure.

Looking for my first Jamis - are there real reasons to seek out the "factory support dealers" listed on Jamis' website vs the other dealers?