mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Minute 2.0 Rebound valve ??

I have a 2004 XLT2.0 with a Minute 2.0 front shock. I hit something on the trail and broke the Rebound speed adjustment knob off the bottom of the fork. In looking at it I am wondering why any of this vintage fork would remain intact long. Seems like the valve stem being a little tiny plastic thing with an internal thread is pretty fragil. The knob is over an 1" diameter made of Aluminum and positioned at the bottom of a fork tube. Seems like the slightest side load on the knob will snap the valve stem right off. Once this happens it looks like you need a whole new rebound valve assembly.

Anyone else ever see this yet?

mtbr member
    sure have, i did the exact same thing with my 03 Black Sports.
    i hit mine on a rock and i didn't notice it until about a day later when i went to adjust it and the knob fell right out.
    luckily it was on a relatively medium setting so i have pretty much just left it as is.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Ditto for me. Mine was a minute 1.
    Decided to tinker with my bike after a heated discussion with my wife. Not a good idea.
    Broke straight off, it looks sturdy but the plastic shaft is tiny compaired with the knob. I had mine fixed as it was set on slow rebound. It cost me $50 AU to be fixed.